Organizing Family Members

How Households Work

I'll use the Weasley family as an example to demonstrate how households work. Arthur Weasley is an assistant scoutmaster. Molly Weasley doesn't have a role in the troop, but she needs access to her son's scouting records so she can help them progress. Fred, George, and Ron are all scouts in our troop. George is a patrol leader.

We can group all the Weasley's as a family by adding them to the same household. Once that is done, we can give Molly the access she requires by setting her access level to "Household". To set Molly's access level, follow the instructions here.

Step 1: Create a Household

Option 1

Adding a new household is easy and can be dont within the "Manage" menu on TroopTrack. You can actually add a new household as part of the new member setup. You can continue to simply add members to the household once it has been established as shown below.  

After the new member screen appears, follow the steps below.  Again, once the household has been established, you may add members by simply highlighting the household name and saving (there is no need to re-enter the address information when doing this; it will automatically update).

Option 2

You may also create a new household after members have been added by selecting the Manage menu item, then Members, Households and finally choosing the New Household Menu option in the window that appears as shown below:  

Fill out the form that appears and you're done!

Step 2: Add a New Member to a Household

If you already have a household created but need to add a previously established member to the household, select the Manage menu item, Members option, then Households option as shown below.

A new screen will appear listing all the households.  To edit a household, select the action button to the right of the household list and choose edit.  The following window will appear:

As you can see, you may then choose to edit address information/select new members to add to the household (or delete from a household). Don't forget to save to update the data. 

Note: You can add a person to multiple households. Just use shift + click to select the households a person will belong to. This is most common when adding a scout in a family with parents who are living separately.

A Few Notes About Households

You can add a person to multiple households. Just use shift + click to select the households a person will belong to. This is most common when adding a scout in a family with parents who are living separately.

Deleting a household does NOT delete the users in that household.

Any adults you add to a household will be included in the email list TroopTrack automatically creates for all parents.

I see that households are included on email lists, is it possible to do the same thing for text messages? If i have a parent part of 2 dens, can I have them receive the text for either den?

1 Like