2017 BSA Rank and Merit Badge changes

I just got a mail explaining the new requirements. Here’s what I see from that mail:

The 2017 version of Boy Scout Requirements is now available. ​ It contains 2 minor updates to the rank requirements (for Second Class and First Class), 1 new merit badge (Exploration), 4 merit badges with substantial revisions, and minor revisions to 32 other merit badges. Some of the changes are just corrections of editorial errors from last year, or document changes that appeared in new merit badge pamphlets during 2016.

I’ve done my annual review of the changes, and uploaded I the information to the USSSP (usscouts.org). ​ The report listing all the actual changes can be found at
Boy Scout Advancement Changes - Effective January 1, 2017
All of the web pages for the ranks and merit badges with changes have been revised to show the current requirements, and have links to pages showing the details of what actually changed, and to pages showing the old requirements for those Scouts who have already started work.

The workbooks on usscouts.org have also been updated to the current requirements,and the older versions of the workbooks can still be accessed from the web pages showing the older requirements. However, I haven’t had a chance to upload the workbooks to meritbadge.org yet, however.

Yours in Scouting,
Paul S. Wolf, PE (Ret.), FITE ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​mailto:pwolf@usscouts.org

Are you all planning to incorporate these changes in TroopTrack? If so, can we get an ETA for when we should expect to see the updates?

Thanks,
Steve

1 Like