Majorly delayed emails

We received a whole slew of messages yesterday that were sent one week prior. Was there an issue with the email server that caused this? I’m concerned about needing to send messages timely, especially about upcoming events. Thank you.

Hi @Emmy_Cho,

Our email server was overloaded this weekend and it took time to process all of the email jobs. It was behind Friday through Sunday. Our tech team addressed the issue Monday morning. And that should all now be fixed.

We are continuously working to make our infrastructure of TroopTrack more and more stable. With the thousands of Troops we service we process hundreds of thousands of emails a week through our software, and even a slight slowdown can cause a major backload of emails.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

Thanks for the explanation. But just so you’re aware, these emails were sent on Tuesday, 9/21, and were received on Tuesday, 9/28.

| Keener-Trooptrack
September 30 |

• | - |

Hi @Emmy_Cho,

Our email server was overloaded this weekend and it took time to process all of the email jobs. It was behind Friday through Sunday. Our tech team addressed the issue Monday morning. And that should all now be fixed.

We are continuously working to make our infrastructure of TroopTrack more and more stable. With the thousands of Troops we service we process hundreds of thousands of emails a week through our software, and even a slight slowdown can cause a major backload of emails.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

We are starting to see similar delays recently. One batch of emails sent on Aug 14 did not go out until four days later. And yesterday around noon I sent an urgent message about cancelling a meeting that afternoon, but it didn’t go out until 5:30am this morning.

While I don’t expect emails to be sent instantly, delays of this magnitude are a problem. And twice in one month is not acceptable. What’s being done to address this?