Privileges sometime belong to roles, not specific users

I agree that role based permissions are the way to go…

The workaround I use now is to do the bulk add/remove permission. poke all the people that I want to give a specific permission to, and then the permission and hit save.

https://troop-xxx.trooptrack.com/manage/privileges/edit?mode=add

3 Likes

Thanks for pointing out that feature, @Nassoiy, very useful.

We are working on making this a feature, but it probably won’t be in the near future, as we are working on making some major improvements/changes to the site overall. Something like this would come with the implementation of the “new” site.

Really appreciate the update… Thank you!

If / when you have a beta test volunteer group for the new site, please add me to the list.
I’d be more than happy to test functionality and provide feedback if there’s interest.

1 Like

We were one of the early adopters of Troop Track for our troop and with few frustrations, we have generally enjoyed the access, recording, all in one. I work in application based IT support and Menu Management is integral. This has been one of my long standing needs. (I just don’t have a vast amount of spare time to spend reading all the ideas, though, I wish I did!)

I would like to see some of the permissions broken out more as well.
For instance…

1. I want the Menu “Troop Scribe” that I create to be able to Add or Modify notes but not be able to delete any documents without permission from an administrator. This could be done by having Documents as a permission, but Add, Modify, Delete as specific on or off parameters, like check boxes.
  2. When that Leadership role ends and begins for the next boy, those permissions should follow the menu.
  3. The same holds true for Adult Leadership positions, when one treasurer steps down and another steps up, the permissions should follow the role, not the person.

Truly, I am look to make my boys more responsible for their communication opportunities by allowing them Add and Modify permissions, but not Delete permissions. Right now, I cannot give that without also giving them unit level access. There has to be a way to allow these changes to documents, calendars, etc., without giving complete Unit Level access to a boy.

We also have a large troop 49 rostered, 44 truly active, but we use every single leadership position and then some.

So, TT Demi-Gods - how soon can we implement Menu Based Roles and can we be a Pilot group?

Thank you!

2 Likes

Awesome! When we get to that point, we will certainly let you know! Thank you!

1 Like

Agree, to all above.

Definitely need to be able to assign privileges to scouts based on their leadership position. It is very hard to figure out what access and privileges they must have to do their job but not cause problems within troop track that effect all the other scouts.

1 Like

Its been a year. Can we get an update on where this is? This is pretty frustrating for me to manage user roles. @KelsieC

1 Like

I apologize for the lack of updates. Right now this is not on the radar because we only have one developer and there are a lot other things he is working on. I apologize for the inconvenience. That being said, I can add it to the to-do list for him, but I don’t know a timeframe for when it would be implemented.

2 Likes

This would be a great enhancement, thanks for letting us know it hasn’t been forgotten even if it might still take time to get it implemented.

1 Like

This would be a very useful tool. Any updates?

This has not been implemented and I am not sure it is on the radar anymore. I will inquire as to any plans to update Permissions and Privileges.