Deactivated users and Mailing Lists

We are creating an alumni and Eagle mailing list. We don’t want these people to be part of all our current emails, have access to money accounts, etc., but would like to keep them only in these mailing lists so we can contact them about Court of Honors or special events. If I deactivate them, they disappear. How can I accomplish this?

1 Like

Hi @PhillipKivel,

Many people will create dummy accounts with just the names and email addresses for these types of situations and put them in an Alumni Patrol so they send them emails.

How do other TroopTrack users handle this situation?

Problem is, this will still create users and these people will reflect on the adult group. So this wouldn’t do much different than current. Ideal situation would be to deactivate a user but have an option to still allow emails to be received. By deactivating them the hope is it would take them out of the adult magic list. Option 2 which is easier on your end but a little more work on our end is to allow us to create a list using an email list not a user. Basically a standard outlook list?

1 Like

Hi @PhillipKivel,

I know someone has requested something similar to this already. See if you can find their post and add your support to it.

Thank you!