Event Cancellation Email

It would be nice to have an option to cancel an existing event and have an automatic email (customizable) that would go out announcing the cancellation. For now, all I can see to do is to delete the event.

Thanks!

5 Likes

You can do something similar by going to the event and click “Email Invitees”. Type a message saying the even has been cancelled and any other info (when it rescheduled, etc.), select the distribution options, and send.

I will generally edit the event and put “CANCELLED” in the title afterward. I prefer this approach to deleting so we have a record of when things were scheduled, which helps with annual planning.

1 Like

I would also like the ability to mark an event as cancelled and send a notice to the invitees with a single click.

2 Likes

I would also like to be able to have a Event Cancellation option. One that would mark the event as cancelled and show that as a special status. Yes, you can edit the event, but this feature would separate it from all others regarding attendance and participation credits due to the nature of the TL program.

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

This feature has been added to TroopTrack. You can now cancel an event by clicking on the event and clicking “details”. From there you can click on “actions” and “cancel”. This will cancel the event and send an email out to all the users invited to that event letting them know the event was cancelled.

It will also cross out the event on the calendar so it’ll still exist on the calendar, but it’ll show as cancelled.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

If the event was cancelled, perhaps by accident, is there a way to reverse the action and un-cancel it. It is still showing on the calendar with a line crossed, but going into event, there are way to make it appear active? BTW, cancellation email never went out.

Hi @IgorVeksler,

There’s not currently a way to uncancel an event. You would just have to delete and re-plan it.

I was not able to recreate your issue of the event cancellation emails not sending out. I created an event, cancelled it, and got an email letting me know. There was server maintenance on the email servers Tuesday so some emails were delayed in sending.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

Thanks for clarification that the event cannot be re-instated once it was canceled. Maybe an idea for the future improvements.

@Keener-Trooptrack

Thank you for this - I do have a couple of suggestions though.

First,
Instead of Action > Cancel, perhaps rename it to Action > “Cancel this Event” or something a little more clear. The first time that I saw Cancel, I thought it meant to cancel taking any actions, so I ignored it. I now know that it means to cancel the event, however, others don’t realize it and have also deleted events without notification.

Second,
When “Cancel this Event” is selected, allow us to add a comment directly as to why the event was cancelled. The current method sends out an email but then directs people to reach out (to find out why it was cancelled). This generates some confusion and a lot of overhead for the person that cancelled the event.

Thank you,
Rob.

@RobC, Unfortunately Keener is no longer with TT. I like both of these ideas I will mention that to the staff. For now with the Second it is necessary to go in and change the event information to add in why you are canceling then Cancel the event.

1 Like

It would also be a good idea to have *** Cancelled***) added to the front of the event subject or have it removed from the calendar integration. They still show as in an event in my Google Calendar even though it is cancelled.

1 Like