Event Invitations not being sent

Families are saying that they are not getting information about our events. I think the event invitations are not being sent when we invite “everyone”

Am I doing something wrong or is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks!
Sarah

Hi @SarahRose,

You’ll need to make sure when planning events that you specify when invitations will be sent out. The event of “Fire drill” is set for invitations to not be sent.

Please review the “plan an event” page for more information.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

Hi David,
I am still having trouble with this issue. Even on events when I have set an invitation to be sent, it says it sent it, but most of the troop is not getting it. For example, our Fall Family Social on 10/16. I asked for invitations to be sent “Today” and it shows as “sent” but I did not get a confirmation that it sent nor a copy of it in my email (as a parent) or any of my daughters accounts. I also posted it on our Troops FB group and two people said they got it and about 10 said that they didn’t. I tried deleting the event and creating a new event… and it still didn’t get sent. This is becoming a BIG problem for our troop.
Please help.
Thank you!
Sarah Rose

Hi @SarahRose,

Another user reported this issue today. I’ve reported this to the tech team and they’re going to take a look at the issue.

Once it’s fixed, then I’ll update this thread and let you know.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

Thank you for looking into it for me!

Sarah

Hi @SarahRose,

Our tech team was able to fix the issue. The special characters (the ones that aren’t the alphabet or numbers) were making the emails bounce. They made it so those are excluded when emails are sent out.

Your event invitations should now send.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

Thank you SO much! I thought I was going CRAZY!

So, just so I understand… special characters in the event title line are the problem? So : and & and maybe - in “Fall Family Social: Bonfire & Bake-off” and & in “God & Church”

Ok! I can work around that!

Thank you!
Sarah

Hi @SarahRose,

Yes they were the problem, but the tech team has made it so you can leave those in and emails will still send.

When sending an email those special characters will automatically be removed.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

Ok! Thank you!
Sarah

1 Like