New TT4 member applications

How can we control who receives the alerts when a new TT4 member application has been submitted? It is currently emailing all leaders in the troop, but we want to limit that email to specific people.

It also seems to be emailing all members in the household of the leader, including the youth. This part appears to be a bug.

Hi,

Our tech team says this should now be fixed. Are you still experiencing this? Please let me know.

Only leaders with the “manage troop members” privilege should be receiving these emails.

Or if you have any other questions, let me know.

Thanks,
Tyler
TroopTrack

Thanks Tyler. It is helpful to understand the process, as previously I was unable to find any documentation on it. I was able to adjust the people with this privilege so the emails will not go to people who we do not want seeing it, however this will now pose another problem. We have leaders responsible for other aspects of user management that are unrelated to new members joining, and in fixing our previous issue they would now be unable to edit members.

Would it be possible to configure a new privilege for approving member applications so it can be managed separately?

Thanks-

John

Hey John,

Yes we can definitely get that moved out into it’s own privilege. I will add this to our tech team’s to do list. Just because it is more of a feature request than a bug fix. I will keep you updated.

Thanks,
Tyler
TroopTrack

Hello All,

This has been released. You will now see a new “Manage Membership Applications” privilege at the bottom of the privileges list. A leadership member now must have this privilege enabled to manage the new membership applications feature.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Tyler
TroopTrack

Do the emails and notifications still go out to anyone with “Manage troop members” privilege even if they don’t have the new “Manage membership applications” privilege? I’m thinking it would be better if the emails and notifications went out to only those who have the new “Manage membership applications” privilege.

Emails and notifications for member applications only go to those with the “Manage Membership Applications”

Thanks,
Tyler
TroopTrack