Membership application link email notification incorrect

I enabled the TroopTrack setting “Allow the general public to apply for membership on your public website”. When an application is submitted, an email notification is sent from TroopTrack with the following:

Dear … Leader,

… has submitted a membership application. Please log in to TroopTrack and go to Manage → Membership Applications to review and approve their membership.

Unfortunately, the notice was sent to 5 adults that are currently deactivated. How does TroopTrack determine who receives this notice? Can it be customized?

Hi @Craig.Lebakken

Yes, you can choose who receives Membership Applications.

Emails and notifications for member applications only go to those with the “Manage Membership Applications” privilege enabled on their profile.

Thanks,
Tyler
TroopTrack

Tyler,
I can remove privileges from the active members, but the privileges appear to be enabled for some deactivated members that have been inactive for several years (well before the “Membership Applications” privilege was added). There doesn’t appear to be an easy view or remove privileges for deactivated users. Can TroopTrack skip sending new Membership Application notifications to members that are deactivated?

Thanks,
Craig Lebakken

Hi Craig,

I am not sure why a deactivated profile would have been given that privilege.

That will be something that would need to be built. I can definitely pass that along to our dev team and put it on their to do list.

For now, simply reactivate the profile, edit their privilege, and then deactivate them again. Sorry for the inconvenience but that is the best solution for an immediate fix.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Tyler
TroopTrack

@Tyler ,
The users did not have the “Manage Membership Applications” enabled, but did have the “Manage Troop Members” privilege. Are notifications supposed to be sent to users with “Manage Troop Members” privileges, “Manage Membership Applications” privileges, or both?

Thanks,
Craig Lebakken

Hi Craig,

That is definitely not how the Membership Application privilege should be working. I took a look at your account and I was able to verify what you reported. This is indeed a bug. It seems as though the Membership Application privileges are being sent to those with the Manage Members privilege enabled. That would explain why deactivated users with the manage members privilege are receiving those membership application notifications.

I will get this over to our tech team and have them fix this issue as soon as possible. Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention.

Thanks,
Tyler
TroopTrack