Filling out application

How can I access the online application? Also, can I make edits to our troop application? Thanks!

Hi @blakenaquin,

I’m not quite sure what application you’re talking about? Are you talking about access the TroopTrack software and logging in to the Troop?

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

No. I received a notification that one of our members filled out a new membership application. I can’t find the application that is available to everyone to fill out. We will be rechartering soon so this would be helpful to direct everyone to a membership renewal application.

Did you get a message like this?

Dear Leader,

Person has submitted a membership application. Please log in to TroopTrack and go to Manage → Membership Applications to review and approve their membership.

Please note that until 's application is approved, they will not be available in your unit.

I’m not even sure how they were able to access a membership application as we are new to TT and I didn’t know this feature was available. Also, is it possible to access the membership application that the members have access to and customize it to our troop?

On your public webpage there is a New Members Join Now link.
Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 9.57.49 AM

When they click that they enter their e-mail and then get a form to fill in their Name, Address, and phone information, that just allows them to join your units TroopTrack account, it has nothing to do with registering with BSA it is just for your unit TT. There is no customization of that page no.

1 Like

Hi @blakenaquin,

Aaron is correct. This feature can be enabled/disabled by clicking on the gear icon, “edit troop settings” and then clicking on “TroopTrack settings”. There under “general settings” you can turn on/off the feature of “allow public to apply for membership”. If you leave this feature on users can go to your Troops public site and apply for membership. You can then approve/reject applications.

If you approve an application that user is put into your TroopTrack troop and will then be a member of your Troop.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

Once they are a member of your TT account they can then go to Manage → Members and select a BSA Youth or Adult Application and get a pre-filled BSA membership application as a PDF they can then e-mail or print. It fills the information that is contained in TT from their account.

For re-charter you shouldn’t need any applications unless you have new members that did not register prior to re-charter time.

1 Like

We aren’t with BSA but it sounds like that form is customized specifically for that group. Sounds like we will have to create something and store it in troop track for people to print out.

Gotcha, yea not sure about other types of groups and applications.

This thread was still helpful. Thanks guys!

1 Like