QuickStart Guide?

Good Evening,

I am new to TroopTracker and I am interested to learn if there is a QuickStart guide of sorts or a video walkthrough of key features?

Currently our Pack is just starting out with this tool. As of right now I find it frustrating and overly rich in detail.

So I am interested to learn what I should be excited for. What efficiencies can I be gaining from using this?

Thank you.

Welcome to the community Eric. There are the User Guide Topics here in the Community. You can also learn about how to use the Community by sending a message to Discobot. @discobot display help. There is a tutorial.
I think the feature I like the best is the Advancement Tracking and the ability to submit that Advancement to BSA from within TT. The Den Leaders can put the Advancements in and it makes it much easier for the Advancement Chair. I really like the ability to communicate things out to the entire Pack quickly and easily. We have been on it for a couple years now and we run everything for the Pack through TT.

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start tutorial

Starts one of the following interactive tutorials: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you — Princess Diana

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

Good Morning,

Does Advancement updates sync over to the official BSA records? Or would that have to be updated as well?

They do not sync automatically however they can be submitted from the Achieve - TurboNET Advancement Sync page. It syncs with Internet Advancement on ScoutNET.