Raise file upload limit from 20 Mb

You currently limit file attachments to 20 Mb. There are some situations where we have 50 Mb attachments. Disk space is cheap, and I really dislike the TroopTrack / DropBox juggling act. Please consider raising the maximum file attachment limit from 20 mb.

5 Likes

Absolutely, we’ll consider it.

Anyone else think this feature would be useful?

4 Likes

Yes. I wonder if people would use it to share troop pictures and videos more. I would.

2 Likes

Sigh… We didn’t want to charge for space… But if the demand for more space is high enough, we may have to. It can be quite expensive to maintain.

Would you include a set amount of space in the base package? For example, 5G? I think that would cover most use cases while still allowing slightly larger attachments as needed. Honestly I can’t tell if larger attachment size limits are worth the tradeoff. It’s a hassle to work between two products, so it seems like it’d be beneficial to your company to keep people on your platform, but if that means charging a bunch extra for space, that may not be something users would be happy about.

I don’t know where the “sweet spot” is here. We don’t have a lot of large attachments; we probably have 4-5 that exceed the 20 Mb limit (ex: large PDFs) but are still < 100 Mb. But if the tradeoff is that I have to carefully count the number of photos we post for events, I don’t know if it’s worth it.

1 Like

How did you upload video? I think I’ve tried and failed…