Shopping List, just want the award and quantity

When I print the Shopping List, it gives me the award name, quantity, and the names of the scouts that earned the award. I want to send this to Scout Shop to get my order fulfilled, but I don’t want to send all the names of the scouts. I just want to send my award order. Can you create a control that will allow me to just see the award names and quantity? Or modify the Export to CSV, to put just the award and quantities in the spreadsheet?

Hi @prestonwood,

First I’m sorry for the delayed response time on answering this question, but I’m going through old questions that were missed and I’m happy to assist you with this now.

When you export it to a CSV you can just select the column of names, and delete that entire column, then send it to the Scout Shop to get your order fulfilled.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

Thanks for your reply, David. The problem is the CSV download does not contain a unique total of all the awards needed to be purchased. Sending that CSV to the Council Scout Shop would involve making a clerk there total the number of awards. The Shopping List that appears in the browser contains unique totals for each award, but the CSV download is not in the same format as what is displayed in the browser. So I can’t just delete the column of scout names without copy and pasting the data from the browser to a spreadsheet, then eliminating all the blank rows this inserts in the sheet. I’d be happy if the CSV download followed the same format as the shopping list that appears in the browser.

Hi @prestonwood,

Ya I see that too. In the shopping list on TroopTrack it has a total number of the awards needed, but when you download that file it just lists the names out.

I can get that over to our tech team and see what they can do about getting that idea added on TroopTrack.

Thanks,

David Keener

Thank you, David. I appreciate your time.

1 Like

I am curious why you have a problem sending the Scout names to the Scout Shop?
The official Advancement form from IA2.0 has Scout names on it, and the previous IA1.0 report had scout names.

Names aren’t the big problem; I would like the CSV download to be in the same format as what is displayed in the browser. Names of scouts are just a distraction to the scout shop clerk in fulfilling the order. The clerk just wants the name of the award and quantity.

1 Like

If the printed page or a PDF export could be formatted more like the Scoutbook report would be awesome. Of course no pricing but much more concise, and at the bottom is a summary.

2 Likes

Hi y’all,

We updated the Shopping list to download what it looks like, rather that how it looked previously. So now it looks like this:

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

Hi @AaronStorey,

The only issue I see with this is we service other organizations too, so having a column like “description” would be a tad redundant for some of them.

I definitely agree that the CSV shopping list needed to be cleaned up, and the way our tech team has done it is pretty similar to what you have showing here.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

Thank you very much, David. What TroopTrack version will this change appear in, and when is the release?

Preston Wood

Hi @prestonwood,

It’s already been updated/ changed to look like my picture above when downloading.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

Thanks again David. :+1:

Ah, this change created a problem for our Troop Purchaser… (You know you guys can’t win, right? :slight_smile: )

She used to be able to use the shopping list CSV spreadsheet to sort by girl and calculate how much each girl owed for badges, but now she has to copy-paste in column A for every award. Mistakes can be made this way.

I don’t know what the solution is, because you guys made this change to respond to some troops’ needs, but there were other troops that were happy with the way it was before.

In our case, we don’t need all the dates on our shopping list - just the name of the award and the name of the girl.

Maybe it would be appropriate to have 2 different CSV’s for these 2 different uses. You could have 1 CSV that is an “order summary” that just shows the name of the award and the number of awards to order, and then a 2nd CSV that is a “detailed list” that has the name of the award and the name of the girl on each row.

I could see both of those lists being useful for different things.

Thanks!