Sports Pin - Most doesn't match 2020 Handbook and 2020 ones don't have requirements

When trying to start the Competitive Cycling Sports Pin Achievement, it is not listed.

I have activated it in the Manage Active Achievements page.
Screen Shot 2020-09-20 at 10.25.31 AM

There isn’t one sports pin that is correct. There needs to be a 2016 and a 2020 sports pin for every one. All of the old pins need to have (2016) added, and the ones marked 2020 need requirements updates. Then all of the 2016 ones below need the correct 2020 version added.

Auxillary March (2020) - no requirements
Basketball - requirements don’t match
Bowling - requirements don’t match
Cheerleading (2020) - no requirements
Competitive Cycling - requirements don’t match
Competitive Swimming - requirements don’t match
Disc Sports - requirements don’t match
Fencing (2020) - no requirements
Field Hockey - requirements don’t match
Golf (2020) - no requirements
Gymnastics - requirements don’t match
Ice Hockey - no requirements
Jump Rope - requirements don’t match
Lacrosse - requirements don’t match
Martial Arts - requirements don’t match
Performance Dance - requirements don’t match
Roller Hockey - no requirements
Rowing - no requirements
Rugby - requirements don’t match
Running - requirements don’t match
Skating - requirement don’t match
Snow Sports - non requirements
Soccer - requirements don’t match
Softball - requirements don’t match
Tennis - requirements don’t match
Triathlon - requirements don’t match
Volleyball - requirements don’t match

3 Likes

Hi @BrandyPethel,

I’m showing the competitive cycling is showing up in your Troop. I went to add it to a girl and it was there. Has that girl already earned it?

If you can give documentation for all those requirements, then I can add them to TroopTrack.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

I see it there now. Strange. Would you like for me to create individual bug tickets for each sports pin that has missing or incorrect requirements?

Here are the current requirements for Competitive Cycling:

HISTORY & RULES:

1. Explore and share with your Unit or family thehistory of competitive cycling.
  2. Research a famous cyclist and share with yourUnit or family.
  3. Identify and describe four different types ofcompetitive cycling.
  4. Learn the hand signals used when cycling on the street and which street traffic rules also apply to cyclists.
  5. Look up your state or resident laws for competitive cycling. Learn the importance of stretching.

EQUIPMENT:
6. Create a guide with a diagram on how to measureproperly for a bike.
7. Describe th e appropriate c lothing and footwea r options for road/trail cycling, mountain biking, and BMX.
8. List the safety equipment required for competitive cycling. List the equipment that is optional but recommended.
9. Learn about the different types of bikes used for racing, street, mountain, and BMX.

PRACTICE:
10. Learn when and how to change gears.
11. Go on a group bike ride and utilize proper hand signals, safety rules, and traffic rules.
12. Ride your bike three times a week for a month.
13. Prepare and complete a training plan for an upcoming bike race or charity ride you are planning to enter.

PLAY:
14. Attend or watch a bike race or charity ride.
15. Participate in a bike race or charity ride. Choose one appropriate to your age, training, and experience level.

Hi Brandy,

You don’t have to do individual tickets.

Do you have just one file with all this info? I can start working on updating competitive cycling.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

Hi David,

Will this work? I didn’t include Competitive Cycling since I already sent it.

Brandy

Hi @BrandyPethel,

That works! I’ll get to putting these in.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

Hi @BrandyPethel,

I’ve put those awards in.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

Hi David,

So sorry I just now had time to check these. The only one that is still old is Disc Sports. It needs a Disc Sports (2020) with the new requirements. On the google link a few messages up it’s on page 6.

Thanks!

Brandy

Hi @BrandyPethel,

I forgot to release that award to all the units, but it’s happening now. You should see it loading in!

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack