Square Up

@KraigRoche,

Like so many others, I support Square being integrated into TT. The Stripe integration is nice, and we have not had any issues with it. But at a cost of 55 cents + 2.9% transaction fee, it is expensive.

@mlsully2002- Matt, any idea what this integration would look like on the TT side? Would it look like Stripe, or would users still need to physically swipe a card?

Thanks!

Scott

2 Likes

+1 for square, easy, less expensive, you can add the square fee as a tax and pass most of the cost along.

2 Likes

We also use square for cookies & dues and would very much like to have it integrated with our TT site

2 Likes

Another Girl Scout troop here voting for Square support! We have used it for cookie sales and have a small online ā€œstorefrontā€ for parents to pay for events, etc. Would be fantastic to be able to incorporate it here on Troop Track. Thanks!

2 Likes

Is there any updates on when this would be on the roadmap? We would love to use our Square Account to help collect funds. Thanks!

Probably wonā€™t be until next year. Integrating a new payment system can be a big undertaking and weā€™ve got some other stuff we promised to get done first.

We are new to TT, but our troop currently uses Square for Registration dues (Card reader and online store), event signups (used to use jotform) and popcorn sales (card readers and online store). We are hesitant to signup with yet another system.

If someone like Jotform can integrate simply with Square, can we get this Square integration any faster than next year?

A lot of people are hesitant to use PayPalā€¦

Thanks!

2 Likes

We are into next year and noticed that the TroopTrack fees have been dropped. Our troop has been using square for a couple of years now. Checking to see if Square payments are on the feature road map, and if so, is there an ETA ? (Iā€™d like to sign up for credit card payments, but would prefer to hold off with Stripe if Square might be just around the corner).

Thanksā€¦

We would like to get Square implemented at some point, but it is not on the immediate feature road map as of the moment, and as such I do not have an ETA at this time. Sorry! :frowning:

+1 for Square - our Pack already uses Square, and has no plans to sign up for an additional service.

1 Like

Another +1 for Square - we already use it for other things - would be great to use here as well!

1 Like

I am part of 3 units. We all use trooptrack and we all use SquareUp for POS. We currently do not use trooptrack for account tracking as we found it to be too cumbersome. However, if SquareUp was integrated, all three units would take another look. Additionally, I would like to use SquareUp merchant site on our external and internal websites to facilitate unit t-shirt sales and other items.

Any updates? Our new charter has square and it would be fabulous if we could integrate with troop track.

1 Like

@KarenBatsford1 For now weā€™re just sticking with Paypal and Stripe in the TroopTrack system. We have gotten a few requests for square, and I will let the tech team know about this once again.

Thanks,
David Keener
TroopTrack

Anything on Square yet? have many parents asking

Hi @MichaelSzabo1,

TroopTrack will not be integrating with square as it is more complex to integrate with (when also having the option of Stripe and PayPayl).

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack