Trail Life USA Transition Questions and Answers

You will have full control over what any user sees and is able to do, member and non-member alike.

Trail Life USA is rolling out their own solution for charter renewal, member registration, advancement, and other features. I would like to get a look at that before I decide to purchase a one-year subscription to TroopTrack, but I may not get a chance to do that until after our TroopTrack subscription expires on February 2. What options do I have?

Here are a some options to consider:

1. We arenā€™t going to delete your data on February 3. We do delete the data of troops that expire after approximately 90 days, but until then you can purchase a subscription at every time and have everything in TroopTrack available to you.

2. You can purchase a one-month subscription for $10 if you want a hassle-free extra month of TroopTrack before you make a decision. In fact, you can pay one month at a time for as long as you like.

3. You can request a free 30 day trial. Just send an email to matt@trooptrack.com or post your troop number here requesting one.

~ Dave

Iā€™ve received several phone calls and emails from Trail Life members asking about their data when the February deadline comes around.

Will my data be erased?

Your data will be safely stored in TroopTrack for 90 days after your troop expires. You may purchase a subscription and continue using TroopTrack uninterrupted.

Will I have to send new invites to everyone?

Nope. Just pay for your subscription and keep on tracking.

Will I have to reimport or reenter all my data?

You will not have to reenter your data if you purchase a subscription. Everything will still be there and ready to go. If you miss the deadline or cannot gather the funds, you still have 90 days to pay the subscription fee and youā€™re good to go.

More questionsā€¦

1. If we want to continue with TT how do we notify TT and how do we pay and not lose coverage?
Just log in to TroopTrack and go to Manage -> Settings -> TroopTrack Subscription. Anyone with the ā€œmanage membersā€ privilege can see this page and then use the buttons on the right to subscribe.

2. Is there a way to download all the pictures we have without saving them one at a time?
Yes. Download our photo sync app here: http://trooptrack.github.io/trooptrack-photo-sync/9 It will request your user name and password and then download all your photo albums.

3. Will we still be able to print out or download a list of awards/ranks so we will be able to fax/email the order list to the vender directly?
Yes. Achieve -> Shopping List will work.

4. I assume we can still text/email through the system and do all the calendar events and notifications. Correct?
Yes

5. Will our troop documents still be available?
Yes

6. What about the National Documents like Freedom Award information or do we need to save those to our troop documents?
We are assuming that Trail Life USA will make these available outside of TroopTrack somehow.

While I was logged in to my account I tried to purchase a 1 month extension by clicking on the Pay for one month button at the page ending inā€¦ /manage/troops/3105/subscription. It highlighted when I hovered over it but did nothing when I clicked. What do I do?
Jim Gray Mi-0711 COR

It should expand, like this:

Iā€™ve never heard of that not working before. What browser are you using?

Dave

Chrome is my default.
I also have Edge and some version of Explorer on the machine if they will work better. For that matter my Kindle Fire use Silk if that is better.

Weird. It works for me with Chrome, logged in as you. If you canā€™t get it to work, give us a call at 817-550-6844 and we can take payment over the phone.

Well, this time it worked and I paid for a month extension.

My leaders would like to keep the Troop Track subscription at least until our court of honor in June. Will the current list of advancements still be tracked properly for it to be valuable? Is there a way you can send a single bill for the next 4 months so I donā€™t have to keep track of a monthly manual payment?

Trail Life USA advancement features in TroopTrack wonā€™t be going away. The only thing that might change is the integration with the store - you might have to manually enter the awards you are purchasing.

I am finding that the TroopTrack Photo Sync tool is unusable. It does not reliably download all the photos from an album. For example, in one case it partially downloaded a couple pictures (portions of photo not available). In other cases it does not download all the photo files (missed 2 in one album, 9 in another, only 8 of 57 downloaded in another). Really unreliable!!! We have 51 albums to download and then spent time reconstituting the albums since the tool also does not maintain that information.

I just downloaded the tool today, so I expect to have the latest revision.

Please help. Our TroopTrack subscription is going away in a couple days.

Hmm. I havenā€™t heard of this type of problem before. @kofno, have you seen anything like this before?

You can always purchase a one-month extension for $10 if you would like more time.

Just remembered that I was directing the photos to be stored on my OneDrive Cloud storage and that may have been the issue. However I just tried using my local disk for another album and seeing the same problem (8-10 of 52 photos are missing - progress bars are stuck at various <100%).

Iā€™ve never heard of that before. What platform?

Was this on Windows or OS X?

OS-X Yosemite on MacBook Pro.

Hmm. Did you have a stable network connection throughout? How long did you let it try to download the images?

Iā€™ve received several questions from troop treasurers asking how to pay for their subscription.

To pay for the subscription, you have to be the account owner (you will see a giant red button near the top of your screen) or have the privilege ā€œManage Troop Settings.ā€

The account owner can press the button to pay, but for others, you will need to go to Manage > Settings > TroopTrack Subscription.

Yes, my connection has been good ie, I donā€™t see problems with other activities - no reason to question it.

Iā€™ve let it ā€œsitā€ for hours; even tried overnight.

This tool seems to download all the photos simultaneously. Is there any ā€œthreading controlā€ or some such?
BTW Does this tool use TT REST API?