Trail Life USA Transition Questions and Answers

Is there any “threading control” or some such?
@kofno ?
BTW Does this tool use TT REST API?
Yes

I’m trying to renew my Trail Life USA membership, but when I log in, it tells me that I’m expired, to click on two buttons (Verify my Info and then Pay for membership). Neither one of those buttons seem to do anything? I’ve tried it in Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox just in case that was the issue and had the same problem. Did I already miss the deadline?

Thanks

It queues all the photos at the same time, and there are two worker
functions that process the queue.

Hi Kimi,
You will need to reach out to the Trail Life home office with help with membership renewal - that part of the system will continue to be supported by them.

Sorry I can’t be of more help yet - once the home office has a look they may ask me to help out.

Dave

Is there anything I can do to increase the success rate? Or any debugging or testing I can do to help figure out the problem?

BTW it appears that more than two pictures are being downloaded at the same time. Maybe that’s how it is supposed to work but “the 2 worker functions” gave me the impression that it would be two at a time.

You can open the developer tools and see what errors are logged into the
console.

Dave,
Matt asked me to post this here for you to answer and solve, because TroopTrack was not working to download data this week.
Thank you.

Eric

Original message:
Hi!

I wanted to let you know that I have tried to get into TroopTrack this week to copy the last of the information for our troop (SC-0002) so we have all the latest information before we lose access on February 2, 2017, but the system was already changed over to the lite version, so I could not get to the records. Please see the image below. I was wondering why it was changed over before the agreed upon time which is also listed in the image below. Can we please be granted access to get what we were supposed to have access to until February 2, 2017?

Thank you.

Eric Bothur
SC-0002

Hi Eric,
That was unintentional. There was a coding error that turned TroopTrack Lite on a day early. I fixed it this morning and you should be able to use the full version of TroopTrack for the rest of the day.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Dave

I tried developer tools with no futher insight. There was one error about a missing PNG. I have taken a screenshot to show the console log information and the state of the attempted download.

Dave, just so people are clear, this email you put up a month ago is superceded by the “TroopTrack Extension Announcement (1/18/17)” : https://traillifeusa.configio.com/page/extension-of-service that came out. Most importantly, the most important topic B1) of adding people to TroopTrack, TroopTrack system will still take their $26 and register them with National.

Thanks @ErikJohnson. You are correct. The extension agreement means that troops that don’t purchase a subscription will still be able to use TroopTrack “Lite” for chartering and registration, and troops that do purchase a subscription will continue to have those features for the time being.

Is there a way to export ALL Trail Life award information? It appears the current function only gives me the currently enrolled troop members. I want to archive all awards that we’ve given. Thanks for the help.

You mean you want to include people who are no longer in your troop?

Yes, that’s right. It’s helpful in keeping a complete history of how many
awards have been earned. It also helps with those that ‘stop out’ for a
while and then come back-- or those that simply forgot to pay their dues.

Any thoughts on this, @dave? I’d rather not recreate this manually, but I can try if I need to. Thanks!

@KeithBeindorf I don’t think I’m going to do anything with this right now. Would you mind re-posting it in the Ideas category? If others chime in and support your idea it could get moved up the list.

Dave

Dave,

Is this “export ALL Trail Life award information (for all members, current and prior)” available via the Swagger/REST api?

That would be one way to meet Keith’s request.

We’ve been getting lots of questions about how Trail Life Connect (the working name for the new Trail Life member management solution) will compare to TroopTrack. So has the national staff at Trail Life USA. Since the launch of Trail Life Connect is coming soon, we have worked with Mark Hancock and Laura Burton to compile a list of Trail Life Connect features and how they compare to TroopTrack. Check it out, and please, please share with your Trail Life brothers and sisters.

https://trooptrack.com/trail_life_connect