TroopTrack Down... Again :/

Hi y’all,

The servers should now be back up. The tech team was experimenting with an upgrade which caused the servers to crash rather than be quicker.

Things should be running smoothly again.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

1 Like

@Keener-Trooptrack down again

whole site is down again…

1 Like

Hi y’all,

The tech team was notified of this and got them back up and running quickly.

They made some additional fixes to the servers to reduce the memory load on them. This should further eliminate reboots such as what occurred late last night.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

@Keener-Trooptrack Can I offer some suggestions? Do you and your team track any up-time during critical hours metric targets? Given that TroopTrack is used for extra-curricular groups like BSA Troops it’s the critical hours for it’s users aren’t necessarily normal business hours. The times when these groups meet tend more towards late afternoons, evenings, and weekends. Yesterday’s outage started around 7:15 PM Pacific, right in the middle of one my Troop meetings and while I was reviewing a scouts advancement records for a Scoutmaster Conference, making the outage especially frustrating. Do you have any automated monitoring setup to help your team be more proactive in responding to outages in a timely manner? That would help minimize the impact of outage like last nights and bring the system back up much more quickly than the 12 hour outage that occurred in this case.

Hi @AlonWiedenman,

We have automated monitoring on the servers, so when they go down, or if some other issue exists, then our tech team is notified and they work on getting those back up an running in order to minimize downtime. We are working on improving the monitoring currently to improve our response times. The tech team has already implemented more changes to reduce outages.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

The excuses are coming a bit too quick and often. Please address in manor that inspires confidence that this is being handle with all the seriousness that people are sharing the impact it’s having on running their organizations. Thx.

It seems to me the TT staff is being forthcoming in the problems they have been dealing with. How is that not inspiring confidence. What about their responses has not been serious? They are aware when the system has issues it affects their customers. They have had some challenges lately but overall the system is far more stable than not.

3 Likes

Hi @SteveJambor,

Any kind of software and small company is going to face challenges, and have slowdowns from time to time.
The problems are being addressed by a tech team, and the system has stabilized. The team is working to improve response time for any future slowdowns and improve server speed.
We strive at TroopTrack to communicate issues quickly and be open with what is happening with the software.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

Hello. Is there still a problem with the emails? Today is 6/2 and emails I sent yesterday did not send. Thank you for your help!

Hi @Gslum,

I went to your recent messages and saw all your messages from 5-29 have sent. Are there other emails you’re referring to?

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

Yes, thank you. I sent one yesterday and tried to send it again today. I also sent another one today. Both did not send. No one has received them and I did not receive the confirmation email.

Thank you for your help!

Guisela

Hello,

I am still having trouble with my troop track. I sent out email today that has not gone through. The ones I sent out last month. Please let me know how to fix this.

Thank you so much!

Guisela