Update on Event Payment Improvements (Work in Progress) (03/31/2016)

Making progress on the event payment improvements I mentioned previously. Here is a screenshot of where I am currently at. You can see that money accounts with insufficient funds are not usable for payment and that I can add money to those accounts or use a credit card instead. You can also see the link to the shopping basket.

I've also included a screenshot of the event details page so you can see changes there too.

1 Like

Hello,
What is the status on this? You had committed to a deadline of April 15th to complete this, and that has come and gone. This looks very promising, what you’ve shown here, but it’s very disappointing that this feature is not working properly still after many months.
Thank you.
Kevin

Hi Kevin,
Sorry, I should have updated everyone on this. I got stuck on a technical detail of the implementation and set it aside for a while, intending to come back to it within a few days. As you mentioned, it’s been a lot longer than that. I need to get back to it.

I am traveling the rest of this week but will return to working on this next week. Sorry for the delays.

Dave

So, any updates? It’s been well over a month since you said you aimed to finish this and three weeks since your last response.

Hello - the PayPal feature is still not working correctly for us. It is still the case that when I have both the option to pay with credit card and pay from user account turned on, that when I go to RSVP for an event with a fee, it only shows the pay from account option. The message for less than 400 words for a PayPal note is there, the message saying they will be charged the processing fees is there (which is great that finally happened), but we can’t actually use PayPal.

Please, will you be able to fix this?
Thank you,
Kevin

Hi @quintoc72,

The “pay from user account” feature trumps the PayPal payments. Turn it off and you will be able to pay/rsvp for events using paypal.

Thank you.

I first talked with Dave about this almost a year ago, and he said then and
as recently as this past April, that he was working on making this work
correctly so both options showed. He apologized for dropping the ball on
this and not doing it within the given time frame last fall, and set
himself a deadline after our April conversation, which has long passed. I
know I can turn off the one feature, the point is our families deserve to
be able to use either option. Some will have $$ in their accounts to use,
some will not.
It would be appreciated if the person who started the conversation on such
matters was the one to continue and finish them.
Thank you,
Kevin

Kevin Allen
513-235-3958

www.anandacincinnati.org

Hi Kevin,
I’m really sorry. I started working on this and I got stuck, then forgot about it. I will take it back up soon.

Dave

Thank you.

Kevin Allen
513-235-3958

www.anandacincinnati.org

Update: I am working on this now. Here’s a screenshot of my progress so far.

I’ve progressed beyond the thing that I was stuck on previously and I can see a clear path forward from here, so I think I should finally get this thing wrapped up soon.

So, here’s what you are looking at… the first step in RSVP’ing will be to select guests and your own status. That’s not shown. Then they get the page shown and it will list all the available payment options. Under Money Accounts it will list all individual accounts with enough money to cover the cost, thus preventing users from going into the red.

There will also be a new payment setting to allow negative balances.