Where to enter "How to Protect Your Children From Child Abuse"

I’m getting ready to do my first IA 2.0 report from TT and import into Scoutbook. I’m looking at a Bear in Scoutbook, and seeing these two requirements:

1. With your parent, guardian, or other caring adult, complete the exercises in the pamphlet entitled How to Protect Your Children From Child Abuse: A Parent’s Guide
  2. Earn the Cyber Chip award for your age. (The Cyber Chip portion of this requirement may be waived by your parent or guardian if you do not have access to the internet.) OR Earn the Protect Yourself Rules Preview Adventure for Bear.

I see how I can mark in TroopTrack that they’ve completed the #2 - Protect Yourself Rules (Bear), but I don’t know how to mark them for #1 How to Protect Children from Abuse. How can we mark both as completed in TroopTrack so they’re imported correctly in Scoutbook?

Hi @kfavro,

Are you looking at the 2016 + bear badge? If so I see for that badge the requirements are combined. Marking off requirement #3 will mark both those off at once.

Is that the correct badge? Do you know if that’s the correct way to do the requirements for that badge as well?

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

David, I’m new to entering in achievements. How do you get to that screen? I’ve only been marking things off by going to “Record Individual Progress”

Hi @kfavro,

You should still be seeing that requirement on the “record individual progress page”. To get to the screen I was at quick on “quick nav”, “members” and then click on a user. From there you can click on their “achievements tab” and you can go to bear to find the bear badge. You can edit the requirements from that page as well by clicking the icon that looks like a square with a pen in it.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

Hi David, to answer your question from your original response, I don’t think that’s the way to do the requirements for that badge. Here’s what I see in Scoutbook:

#3 and #4b look like entirely different requirements.

We mostly use the “Record Individual Progress” feature, and it seems like there should be a requirement for Cyber Chip as well as “How to Protect Your Children”.

Hi @kfavro,

It may be best then to record progress using the Bear Badge 2019+. I see on that badge that requirements #3 and #4 are separated out. I believe the 2019+ is the badge edition that commonly gets recorded when using Scoutbook (ie a user is moving from Scoutbook to TroopTrack) as often I see the 2019 version on many troops when they are setting up TroopTrack for the first time.

I used the record individual progress on one of your bears (I didn’t save any progress or actually record anything). Once there I chose the 2019+ Bear Badge and at the very bottom of that badge is the split requirements.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

Thanks David, that makes a lot of sense. To be honest, I only saw the Adventures listed out while Recording Individual Progress. I didn’t realize each rank has a “{Rank} Badge” listing as well, which is where all the non-adventure requirements are listed out. Thanks!