Bear Badge 2019+ Marks Complete Before Requirements Met

I have an issue with the Bear Badge 2019+ saying its 100% complete when we still have required electives not completed. My scout shows 66% of the required 6 but also 100% of the Badge earned. I can’t get it to work properly. Any suggestion better than my current method of just not logging anything into this until I know they are done (which isn’t ideal)?

What happens if you remove the date from the completed field of the Bear Badge?

Fills it back in. Short of deleting the YP date, the adult participation date, or all the dates, it never shows accurately how far he is.

@Keener-Trooptrack,
I am curious why there is a Bear Badge 2019+, from BSA I could not find any specific change done in 2019 that is posted. In fact they still show the 12/2016 Requirements posted and the booklet is a 2017 printing. Perhaps the original 2016 format was a bit different where the Pamphlet and Cyber Chip were one as opposed to now it is two but they did not change the requirement. Was the format difference why it was incremented with a new year?

@ZonyaWilson,
One thing you said that I am curious about is where you said “required electives” the requirement is to complete one Elective Adventure and all 6 of the Required Adventures, perhaps just a turn of phrase and you were really talking about the Required Adventures but just wanted to double check. The way the 2019 Badge displays it shows all of the Electives but only one is Required.

Hi @AaronStorey,

The reason for the 2019 + changes aren’t entirely clear to me. I do know that when someone imports from Scoutbook there’s the Bear Badge 2019 that is often times on there. This badge was changed on September 1, 2018, so maybe BSA just labels it 2019?

Regardless, the changes to that badge reflect the changes (as well as the year) in Scoutbook.

Here’s a link to the page I found. (this site often tells when changes were made and makes viewing the older badges an option as well).

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

Hi Zonya,

So you’re saying that badge you have only the first 6 required adventures marked off, but the badge is showing 100% completion?

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

Wrong phrasing. The issue is we have only completed 4 of the 6 required adventures but are getting 100% completion. While we have completed many of the electives, my issue lies with the required adventures not being complete but the system says the badge is complete.

As a note - I am using the 2019+ because I was instructed by my COR to use the latest one listed as it should be most current. I did not take the time to find out what the difference were or why it was called that. The requirements matched what I have and I am using it for logging purposes only so it seemed a rabbit hole I could skip over.

1 Like

My den has completed 4 of the 6 required adventures. We have completed more than one of the elective adventures. We have completed the Cyber Chip and the adult pamphlet. But with only 4 of the 6 completed I should NOT be getting 100% completion on the bear badge and I am.

I have worked around this by deleting the date for the pamphlet completion and keeping that in my paper records until we finish the 6. I would prefer to be able to enter it into the system and have it work like all the other ranks have.

As a note - I am a committee member and treasurer so I have full access to the system and not the standard den level access.

Hi Zonya,

I’m seeing that on one Bear scout he has completed Bear Claws, Bear neccessities, fellowship and Duty to God, Paws for Action (4 of the 6 required), he’s done a few electives, and requirement #4. It is showing his badge at 88%. When I put in a 5th required adventure it updated his badge to 94% done.

Is there a specific cub that you’re seeing 100% on when they have 4 done? If so could I have his name? You can email me his name at: support@trooptrack.com .

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

That’s because I have backed out his adult pamphlet requirement. Put that he’s completed the pamphlet and nothing else - no additional required adventures - and it jumps to 100% every time. I will put the actual dates back so you can see since it appears you can access my account.

Hi @ZonyaWilson,

Yes, because I am with TroopTrack customer support I’m able to access your account through our secure TroopTrack helpdesk that only admins can log into.

I was able to take a look further at the issue and found that the problem was the badge was only listed as needing 3 requirements to be completed to 100%. I have changed that to need 4 requirements. I took a look at the badge after and it says 91% completed.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

1 Like

Thank you. Will that fix it for my entire pack going forward?

Hi @ZonyaWilson,

Yes that fixes it across not just everyone in your pack, but all of TroopTrack.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack