Attached files in emails being rewritten

Not sure if this is a bug or not. But we had a leader send out an email through TT with a pdf file attached. One of my girls downloaded the file, edited it on our Mac, then started a new email to the leader and attached the downloaded, changed file. Now when anyone clicks on the link in their email, it automatically attaches my daughter’s pdf instead of the original file.

I’m not techie enough to figure out what in the world is going on or to fix it. The leader even tried resending the email with the clean pdf in the email through TT and again, it has my daughter’s pdf file in it. Thoughts? Ideas? If we delete the email in the Recent Communications, will that stop people from being able to click the link?

Thanks,
Crissi

We had a similar problem earlier in the year. When families clicked on a file (Troop Permission Slip) it took them to the permission slip of another troop. I modified the file name to something very specific and that fixed the problem. It could be that the file name needs to be changed to something other than the original file name.

Just a thought,
Suma

Hi @SRUEDU,

The best thing to do is have her re-name the file when sending to something with her name in it.

You’ll have to re-upload the original file (and re-name it) so that way people aren’t getting your daughters file each time they click.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

I have been having problems also when inserting a file or pic it always sends it to the top of the email not where I have the cursor and want it inserted.

Hi Craig,

That’s a different problem than what is being discussed in this thread. In the future if you could please start a new thread when you have a new question, then that would be helpful. It is easier to organize the community by creating a different thread when there’s a new question.

That being said, here is a link to the solution to your problem: Photos In Meeting Schedule Feature - #4 by JustinWeaver

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

Thanks @Keener-Trooptrack !! We were having the same issue with the links! But I went in and tried it again and it’s working now. I’ve sent the forum post to my TC so if we have that problem again, they can figure it out on their own. :smiley: Thanks!!