Automatic Monthly Newsletter

Every month, TroopTrack sends out a personalized newsletter to every member of the troop.

The newsletter can be configured to include:

•  Upcoming events

•  Assignments

•  Announcements

•  Recently completed awards

•  Partially completed awards

•  The balance of any money account associated with that household

Troop newsletters can be configured to go out weekly or monthly. Go to Communicate> Settings> Newsletter Settings to get started!

Pre-view your newsletter by hitting save after configuring what’s in it and scrolling down to view it.

Hi,

As far as I can tell, our AHG troop is not using this functionality to send a troop-wide newsletter.

I am a squad leader in our troop. Is there a way I can send a newsletter to just the girls in my squad?

Thanks!

2 Likes

I would like to bring some older comments I wholeheartedly agree with back up again for consideration. Thanks!

• The ability to allow leaders to fill in sections of a newsletter with information. (In other words, a check box to turn on an expandable text field that could be filled with custom information at the top of the newsletter.)
  • The ability to include links to calendar events or to RSVP to events.
  • A new privilege for newsletter communications, to create, edit and delete newsletters.
  • The ability to select a custom mailing list for distribution of a newsletter to a smaller group or patrol and not the entire unit.
7 Likes

I love the newsletter feature and plan to use it for our troop this year. I want to include the partially completed awards but my question is this: can you make this to where only the partially completed awards from the girl’s current level are listed? My daughter has many unfinished badges from her time as a Tenderheart and now is an Explorer. I don’t need to be reminded of those since there is no purpose in completing them. I don’t necessarily want to delete the data. Is there a way to limit what shows in this field?
Thanks in advance!

4 Likes

I am trying to send our first newsletter. I would like it to go out now, so I am selecting Send Now, but nothing is happening, no one is receiving the newsletter. How do I fix this?

The lack of custom fields within the newsletter is what prevents us from using it at all (which is a bummer, considering how it creates an individual progress report for each scout).

4 Likes

Yes! I was looking at this today and thought how wonderful it would be to use the newsletter with my troop, but some girls have been with me since Daisies. Now as Juniors, I don’t need partially finished Daisy awards on their newsletter. We need to be able to say “partially completed awards at current level”.

3 Likes

I love the idea of using this newsletter feature!
When it includes the next x days events it would be nice it if I had the choice for it to just be the high level details and maybe a link to the event’s calendar. (The link would not be necessary though.)
I’m trying to condense the size of the newsletter and with our announcements adding all the event details makes it overwhelming large.
It would also be nice to be order the annoucements when you create them.

2 Likes