Can we use our troop domain?

Can we use our troop domain? Or do we have to use the TroopTrack.com domain?

Thanks,
Robert

HI @RCFerrell,

Thank you for using the TroopTrack Community!

I’m not exactly sure what you are asking, but I think you are referring to the public web pages (correct me if I am wrong). You can certainly use an external site for your public web pages by going to Manage > Settings > Edit Troop Settings and clicking the TroopTrack Settings tab. There is an option to use TroopTrack Pages or an External Site. Click External Site and type in the URL for your troop’s public web site.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

1 Like

Very helpful. You guessed correctly about my question.

A follow-up. What about email? Do all our mailing lists have to be XXX@trooptrack.com? Or can we use something like all-members@BSATroop538.org? (Assuming we own BSATroop538.org, and have set the various DNS thingies correctly.)

Thanks,
Robert

Hi @RCFerrell,

We are currently redesigning our email feature. It’s going to be much easier to use and more familiar to users.

As for external emails, you are welcome to use them. We don’t have a good way of doing this now, but when the redesign is finished (not sure when it will be done yet), we will offer aliases and that may do what you need.

In the meantime, our custom and magic mailing lists should do what you need (assuming everyone has an email address in TroopTrack). You can specify adults, leaders, parents, members, etc. and send messages to only those lists or to all of them.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks for the response. I have some more email questions, but I’ll start a new thread since that’s getting away from my original topic.

Thanks,
Robert

1 Like

It would be kind of neat if in the future we could point MX records to TroopTrack.

@mlsully2002,

Hi Matt,

In the coming weeks, I would like for users to type in our domain name, and be redirected to our TT site. Right now our current internet provider is GoDaddy.

I emailed support about this a several months ago, and it didn’t seem feasible at the time. So I wanted to ask- if you have added direct support for domain names yet?

Thanks,

Scott

Hi @sgaines,

I think there may have been some confusion. If you are trying to get your site to redirect to your TroopTrack account, you can do that through GoDaddy.

You will need to log into your account, press Manage Domains, Choose your domain, probably press Manage Domain, and it will look something like this:

Press Manage in the Forwarding category and you will be able to put your TroopTrack page’s url in there and save it. It may take a few minutes to an hour to work, but once it does, you will be able to type your domain in and it will redirect you to your TroopTrack public pages where people can see what you have there and log in if permitted.

Now I’m not absolutely sure that this will work, but if it will work at all, this is how you do it.

(Will you please let me know the results when you are done? Thanks.)

1 Like

@mlsully2002,

Thanks so much!!!

Sorry, I should have been more specific. Yes, I want users to type in our old domain name and have it redirect to our public TT website.

I’ll let you know how it works out.

Thanks again,

Scott