Creating a Public Web Page

I’ve created a web page that I’d like to show up in a google search for anyone interested in troops in our area. But the previous info that was on our “Public Page” does not show up in a google search, nor does the updated info that I just put there. Is there a way to fix this? I’d like to increase the visibility of our troop.

1 Like

A second question - why isn’t there a scroll bar on the right side of my web page? I’ve tried it in both chrome and MS Edge, and it won’t let me scroll up and down the page like I can with any other webpage.

I asked the developers about your first question. They said to use Google Webmaster Tools. It looks like you have started using it, please make sure all the information is correct on that.

I was able to scroll on your public page. I’m not sure what error you may have encountered, but I can’t reproduce it.

Thanks for responding. The google webmaster tools has been filled out for a while now (as in months), but the page still doesn’t show up in google search results. Is there something else that I can do? Every other troop’s website in the area shows up when I google “boy scouts, yorktown va”, but ours does not. I’d really like to be able to fix that.

And I’m still having the problem of the public site coming up without a scroll bar on both my computer and other computers that are not signed in to troop track. In multiple browsers. Do you have any idea what could be causing that? I’ve never seen that before.

I was able to find where it won’t scroll. I took some screenshots and sent in a bug report.

Thanks! Any idea on how I can fix the google search issue?