Creating custom leadership positions

We have a very active and large boy-led troop which has historically had several custom leadership positions that are not included among the standard ones BSA lists - including Tree Sale Coordinator, Wreath Sale Coordinator, ASPL-Advancement, ASPL-Scout Spirit, and ASPL-Outings. How can I add these to the list of leadership positions?

Trisch

2 Likes

There is not currently a way to add custom leadership positions, as that list of positions is the same for all troops on TroopTrack under that same organization (i.e. all BSA troops, Cub packs, AHG troops, etc.). Sorry! :frowning:

Ok. Iā€™ll list them as ASPL positionsā€¦is there a way for me to add comments to clarify their roles/troop-specific assignment?

Not at this time. But I will pass the suggestion on to our developer as something to implement!

Unfortunately the Crew positions are somewhat limited. I have youth that have completed First Class and beyond and will complete Eagle with the Crew. I have an adult I have identified as the Advancement Chair, and I have an Eagle Coach. But it seems these positions are only available for Troops. Please add these to possible Crew positions.

I have added both the Eagle Coach and the Advancement Chair positions to the list of Crew positions. :slight_smile: If there are any others that need to be added, please let me know.

Thank you so much for such a quick response!

As mentioned in my earlier post, it would really be great if we could create our own Scout leadership positions with descriptions. For now, we will need to use the ones included with TroopTrack and maintain a supplemental spreadsheet for the 5 other leadership positions we have.

Would it be possible to add a test field to the ā€˜Otherā€™ leadership position so that we can use this to document leadership positions not on the list?

2 Likes

Let me talk to our developer about it, since he is the one who would actually need to do it. I think itā€™s a great idea, but I have no idea about the technical side of it, so I will pass it along to him and see what he says. If I donā€™t reply on this thread in a couple of days, message me again and I will let you know what he says.

1 Like

I have a few more positions that I would like to see added.

Though President, Admin VP, etc are available youth positions listed in TroopTrack, it would be useful to have VOA President, VOA Admin VP (District, Council, Area, National), etc listed separately. These are acceptable positions to satisfy requirements for Pathfinder and Summit, so it is useful to add time spent in these positions for the involved youth. Indeed one could simply use President instead of VOA President, but then as one looks at the leadership of the Crew, it is confusing to know who is the Crew Pres, and who the VOA Pres, especially for the new recruits who are trying to get to know everyone.

I do not know if we need to differentiate which VOA (DVOA, CVOA, AVOA, etc) or if VOA Pres and VPs would suffice.

Please add an ā€œOtherā€ youth leadership position with a free form text field that allows us to create troop-specific positions. This new ā€˜otherā€™ category would also need to appear in youth leadership roster/reports.

1 Like

We need to be able to add a custom leadership positions that count in our troop as well. We have some events that the scouts coordinate and run parking for a festival that counts as there are meetings and planning committees they must attend to coordinate the event with our sponsor and the police department.

2 Likes

Girl Scout troops also track leadership positions, especially as older girls, and these are tied into specific awards (LIA, Silver and gold torch, etc.). PLEASE add either the ability to create a custom name leadership position or a generic field that we can customize manually (i.e. ā€œOtherā€ with a write-in field). This should show on all achievement reports, since this info will be used by the girls to create their college resume,etc.

This is pretty crucial to be able to have each troop have their own leadership roles sometimes roles are creatd to meet the needs of the troop. please consider this feature request again.

1 Like