FEATURE REQUEST: Prevent/Warn Deactivating Members with Money Account Balances

It is recharter time with the BSA and my Committee Chair deactivated non-returning Scouts.

However, he did not check if those Scouts had money account balances. As treasurer, this is very bad as money just disappears from TT while it is still on deposit at the bank.

I would like to request that the deactivation of members with money account balances be prohibited (either entirely or an option in settings) or a very stern warning appear that says, “You are attempting to deactivate a member with a money account balance. If you do so, your treasurer may murder you in your sleep. Are you sure you wish to proceed?”

Sean

2 Likes

There is a warning when there is a negative balance for a money account, not sure about a positive balance though.

1 Like

You know what, there is a warning. Apparently, my Committee Chair just doesn’t read…

2 Likes

Although I like your message better.

1 Like

Okay, so I figured out the warning only appears when going to the Member and deactivate within that member’s profile.

If you go to the Manage:Members:Deactivate Users menu item, it gives no such warning whether you are deactivating one member or multiple members.

Obviously the warning was a good idea, but it probably should be extended to this screen as well.

Sean

I sent this over to Dave at TT to take a look.

One option is to list the money balance next to the name. This might be pretty query-heavy to build the list, however.