FIXED: The update broke the achievement view on a scout

Thanks. As long as they are on it, I am good to go. I didn’t know the upgrade was happening this weekend or I would have done everything after work this week.

EDIT: Looks like I am out of the reply game since the system will not allow me to post
anymore.

EDIT: I can’t see any advancement information for anyone.

EDIT3: Hi Dave. It appears that since today is the first day I am posting, I am limited to the number of posts

EDIT4: Hi Dave, I will check the PDF functionality. I still can’t edit achievements.

EDIT5: Dave, success! PDF works! Excellent! Still having issues with achievements and the notes block is REALLY small.

EDIT6: I am now able to edit achievements, but the notes section is still WAY too small.

EDIT7: Some minor presentation issues, but it appears that all the functionality is present. Thanks @dave and @tyler.

1 Like

It is! Thanks, but the calendar won’t pull up now. I swear I didn’t break it! :smirk:

1 Like

All PDF generation is broken right now. That’s what I’m working.

I fixed the display of award details on a profile page. I’m going to work on present awards next.

Dave

Hmm. I’m not sure why you can’t reply. I checked your account and you haven’t been auto-flagged or anything.

All PDF generation functionality is fixed! Holy cow, that one was kicking my butt. @ChuckShivery1 Email us at hello@trooptrack.com since you can’t reploy to this thread anymore.

Random question about Service Summary. We are gathering service numbers and under Participation Book, Service Summary used to be a button we could click for hour numbers only. That button is missing. Should it be? Or is it located in another place now?

1 Like

It shouldn’t be missing. We probably won’t get to it today. @Tyler can you add this to the to-do list please?

Things are much more stable now. We probably aren’t going to roll back today. Please let us know if you are still having critical issues.

No worries @dave I was just checking to see if I was missing it or it was moved. Thanks!

One more question: Are the girls’ service stars supposed to cover their pics? I’ve got a few girls I can’t even see their pics b/c they have a TON of stars!

1 Like

This has been added to our todo list! Thanks so much for pointing that out @SRUEDU. If you have any questions or have any other issues that come up, please feel free to reach out to support@trooptrack.com. I want to make sure everything gets on our to do list.

Tyler
TroopTrack

We are getting ready for Badge Wagon and I have a lot of people who will be putting stuff in last minute so I’m sure if they have any trouble I’ll hear about it and forward it on. Thanks so much!!

1 Like

@dave, @Tyler, the link to the Community is missing.

Hi @AaronStorey,

Yes, the support menu missing is indeed a bug. Our technical team is fixing that, and it should be back soon as it is on our todo list. I am sorry for the inconvenience, but it will be back.

Thanks
Tyler

1 Like

Service Hours are another issue. I can only add whole numbers. So what I do I do if a participant only volunteered .5 or .25 hours?!

Events cannot be added or edited. A bunch of gibberish appears on the edit window. The text edit window in creating emails also has this same problem. Can’t sent emails or communication. The navigations have changed, controls moved, Unit information that previously appeared on the banner at the top of the website is gone, and the look and feel of the website has deprecated to something basic and generic. This is a major update without much communication ahead of time. Please consider a roll back since these issues and a thorough testing does not seem to have been conducted.

Edit - The problems above appear in Firefox. I switched to Safari and the text edit windows appear to allow me to enter text. All other issues still present.

Dave - our entire Pack is frustrated; I think you should seriously consider rolling this back. It’s beyond our understanding why an update would roll out mid-month, without notice. Most of our privilege settings were lost, advancement reports can no longer be viewed by all den leaders, no email communication can be sent from any browser other than safari, money links to each scout is inactive, and we could go on. Reporting from Pack 456 in Palmyra, PA

thank you

Hi @DanielFellon. I’m sorry you are frustrated. I have questions about some parts of your feedback, but please don’t see them as confrontational. I just want to understand.

1. You mention mid-month rollout as being an issue. I’ve never had anyone say that before. Can you tell me what is important about that please?
  2. Lost privilege settings - can you give me an example? Maybe something you can can no longer do that you used to be able to? We didn’t make any changes to privileges, so I’m concerned about this. Also, no one else has reported it.
  3. The email problem has been fixed.
  4. When you say “money links to each scout is inactive” what do you mean? On what page are the links you are referring to?

I am sorry we didn’t provide notice of this upgrade. We should have done that.

Best regards,

Dave

Hi Preston,
This problem is now fixed.

Thanks!

Dave

HI @dave
Thanks for the quick message back. I’ll keep the same numbers for simplicity below.

1. the mid-month roll-out - this was a pretty drastic update, but being as it’s the holiday month with tight schedules, our advancement tracking has been disrupted for our meeting this week.
  2. Privileges - our den leaders lost the ability to run advancement reports; our account admin is needing to reassign what privileges den leaders vs. admins have.
  3. I don’t see any change to the email problem. when we try to send an email, the attached is what we see.
  4. If we go into Manage Den, then select a scout, there is no longer any account/money information saved to that scout’s individual profile.

thanks, but we’re feeling a bit crippled at the moment.
Dan

1. Okay, thanks. December is usually a very slow month on TT traffic-wise, which is why we decided to roll it out now. Would the week between Christmas and New Years have been better?
  2. Okay, I’ll try to see if we made any changes there
  3. Thanks Dan. What browser are you using? I tested Chrome and Firefox and the editor was fixed in both of them for me.
  4. Thanks for this clarification

Dave