Fully Filled-out Application Forms

Hail All-Powerful Demi-God-Like Developers!

We love the BSA Youth and Adult applications can be generated from TT with just the click of a button.

Now… would you be willing to share just how you did it? We (and I’m willing to bet, everyone) want to have a way of generating the entire form electronically. It would simplify the recruitment and re-chartering process, and make the forms even more legible.

I understand “National” is working development of a completely digital application form – but we can’t wait!

Is there an interface or tool that we could make use of to generate the entire form?

Ideally, adults would be able to use this for themselves, as well as their progeny.

Thanks!

Mike

Hi @njmike,

Are you trying to develop this feature yourself? The TroopTrack Developer Program pages are for those who have been admitted into the TroopTrack Developer Program. If you are actually a part of the program and are trying to program what you are talking about, then this is the right place to start. If you are just asking a question, please change the category to “Ask a Question” so we have a better idea of how to respond.

Thank you.

Matt

Sometimes, I feel like I can do anything myself. If we’re talking about embedding a lot of java script, then maybe it is something I can do - but I didn’t want to have to reinvent the wheel. I have a feeling this might be more involved. I apologize, I thought this was the most relevant place for this question. Since it wasn’t clear I was asking a question, I’ll repost in the “Ask a Question” category.

Mike

Admins… feel free to delete this thread, I can’t figure out how to do it.

Hi @njmike,

It would be a different conversation if you were a developer asking for api information than if you were asking about an ability to do something in TroopTrack. That’s why I ask that you specify.

"Now… would you be willing to share just how you did it?"
So do you just want to know how it works or are you looking for something else? I can describe the flow of information through the system, but I’m not sure if that’s relevant to your question.

"Is there an interface or tool that we could make use of to generate the entire form?"
Correct me if I’m wrong. You are looking for a way to go to someone’s profile and have them print an application that is completely filled out for BSA? Am I getting that right?

Thanks.

Hi @njmike,

How about making an editable PDF of the application? It works for us!

I like what the TT team put together, but some of the fields are cut off (drivers license), I’m hesitatnt to submit it, thinking it will be rejected.

Regards

Scott

Cool Scott – what tool did you use to make it an editable PDF? What worked for you?

@njmike,

I think we used Adobe. My understanding is you need Adobe Acorbat Pro. Here is a link for you-
https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/how-to/create-fillable-pdf-forms-creator.html

It comes with a free trial, so maybe you can get it done for free :):):slight_smile:

Let me know if you have any problems.

Good luck,

Scott

1 Like