Help with custom mailing list

I tried to create a custom mailing list that all leadership could send to our board members from. It kept including all names in leadership as the approved recipients, even though I only selected names I wanted and saved. I tried several times and it kept adding leaders who are not on the board as recipients. What am I doing wrong?

Basically, not all our leaders need to receive all emails but all leaders do need to be able to send them. It’s not letting me pick and choose who!

Hi @saintvahg,

Under Authorized Senders it says: “Please note that authorized senders are also recipients - anyone you check in this column will also be added as a recipient.”

For this scenario, it may be better to create a Mailbox. Anyone in TroopTrack will be able to send to it, but it will forward emails to everyone you select. When we roll out our new emails feature, this problem should be resolved.

Can people outside trooptrack send to a mailbox address?

@BrendaLupino,

No, but this is going to be a major part of our new emails feature. Coming (hopefully) soon.

1 Like

I know I’ve said it before but… I can’t help myself.

I CAN’T WAIT!!! :heart_eyes:

Do you think it’s a matter of weeks, months or quarters?

Mike

1 Like

@njmike

I want to say a couple months, but it depends on a few other things falling into place (including our big upgrade to Rails 5). I’m dying to have it released (from a customer service perspective) because it will eliminate a lot of questions caused by the current system.

1 Like

I just bumped into this problem, too. I don’t think it is intuitive that the authorized senders must also be added as recipients.

I am looking at how to create a Mailbox to handle this problem, as suggested. But everything still says beta feature when I go to Manage > Settings > Edit Troop Settings, Troop Track Settings tab, blue box.

I don’t want to mess things up with our troop by doing something risky.

Is the Mailbox feature currently reliable?

Just read here that this feature still has bugs.

Please let me know if this is an option to implement at this time. Thanks!

You can still enable and utilize it at the moment, even though it says BETA. It functions the way it is intended, it just isn’t quite as polished as the regular mail features. This means that it shouldn’t have problems, but it could have issues, which we will do our best to fix it as soon as possible.

Thanks! Will give it a shot!