How do I archive records for scouts who have aged out?

I have two Webelos dens that have aged out. I would like to clean up my list of active scouts, dens, households, etc. What’s the best way to hide/delete/archive these scouts who have aged out?

Hi @jtaylor78,

Thank you for using the TroopTrack Community!

I would recommend deactivating the users who have aged out. It allows you to keep their data under Manage > Members > Deactivated Users and gives you the option to reactivate if that is ever needed for some reason.

The easiest way to do this is go to Manage > Dens, click on the name of the person you want to deactivate, press Deactivate, hit the OK button, and repeat. (It takes you back to the Dens page after you deactivate someone).

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks!

1 Like

@mlsully2002,

Hi Matt,

Good information to know about deactivating I’ll have to remember that for boys that don’t stay with the troop…

What is the difference between aged out and deactivating? I’ve had 2 scouts where I clicked the Aged Out button and it immediately moved them to Adults.

Regards,

Scott

Hi @sgaines,

Deactivating them puts their information in a safe place, makes sure they can’t log in, and hides their information from view so it doesn’t muddle up your active scouts. This is reversible.

Aged out changes them from a youth to an adult. They still have access to TroopTrack, but only what you allow them to access. They can still do things, like hold leadership positions or earn adult awards.

Thanks for asking. Let me know if you need any more clarification.

1 Like

@mlsully2002,

Thanks Matt, good information.

Scott

How do I reactivate a scout?

@JulieSchaefer,

Go to Manage > Members > Deactivated Users and press “Activate” on the scout you’d like to reactivate.