How do you "unhide" a RSVP Note

On the RSVP page, there is a notes section. If someone “hides” a note, how is it unhidden, or how can all the notes be viewed?

2 Likes

@Eoin,

I don’t think you can unhide a note, but if you hover your mouse over the note icon next to their rsvp, you will be able to see what they said.

Thanks for asking!

OK, I’m on the event page (https://troopXXX.trooptrack.com/plan/events/394967), and I want to know who put in their RSVP notes what their meal choice was. Someone has hidden some of the note… or I did… let’s not focus on blame.

Now from that event, I see 58 Going + 18 Youth Guests + 9 Adult Guests = 85 Total … but I only see their names (there is no note icon next to their names)…

I can only see my family’s RSVP, and yes there is a note icon and I can hover and see MY note.

How do I see which of the 85 had notes, and what they are if some have been hidden?

1 Like

Exactly, if someone where to add a note “Driving with xyz car” The event planner can’t see it.

Only see notes for one’s own family.

1 Like

Humm… this is not my experience. It seems like everyone can see the RSVP notes… But if you hide them, then you can no longer find them, even if you the Adult Coordinator.

OK, I found the note, with the option to “hide” So what ever you do, don’t select hide.

I sent a message to the developer who created the feature to ask for some clarification or if we are all missing something. I’ll let you know what he says.

“Nope. Unhiding was possible at first, but someone in a senior position asked me to remove it.”

OK, can we have some background on that request?? Or will it just be “mysterious” request???

I’m not sure what you are talking about.

I asked Dave about it and he referred me to Spencer who developed the feature. What I quoted above was his response.

With the big features coming up (new email system and membership resolver), this request probably won’t be considered until those are done.

Help! I need to unhide a note. We had t-shirt sizes listed in the note section and some of the notes were hidden. How do I “unhide”???

If this is not possible, the option should read “delete note” – saying “hide note” would lead one to believe that this can be undone in the future if needed. :confused:

1 Like

I know this is old but it needs to be addressed. I “hid” some notes and cannot recover them anywhere. I know they are still in the DB because if I go to Change my RSVP, I see mine there. But I can’t see everyone else’s. At a minimum, change the link from Hide Note to Delete Note so it’s obvious there is no undo.

2 Likes

@JTAYLOR146, just an FYI mlsully2002 hasn’t been with TT in many years now. This has never been addressed to my knowledge. @Tyler, or @Keener-Trooptrack?

Hi @AaronStorey, @JTAYLOR146,

I still see the “hide note” option is what appears when you attempt to hide an RSVP note, and I’m not seeing an option to “un-hide” a note.

I can get this bug over to our tech team.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

So we recently added the feature of being able to “un-hide” and RSVP note. Here’s how it works:

So someone RSVP’s and adds a note. You can still view that under the RSVP notes section. Then you can click “hide RSVP note”. This creates a little message box by their name in the Coming or Not Going section.

To see their note just click change , and you can view their RSVP, and now there’s an option to slide on/off “RSVP note removed”. If it’s on then the RSVP note isn’t visible. If it’s off then their RSVP note is visible.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

2 Likes

Would also like to request the option to
a) see all RSVP notes in the sign-in sheet.
b) have a leader or event organizer be able to edit RSVP notes for other attendees.

We use it to convey dietary restrictions and when we print the sign-in sheet we need this info for the grubmasters.

Alternatively, add a profile field for a user for dietary restrictions so it gets pulled in to the sign-in sheet or attendance export at all times.