Leadership Management

It would be very handy to have a Leadership view under the Manage tab. This could allow you to easily add and remove adult and youth leaders based on positions without having to go into each member account. It could be a row that has Position | Name | Start | End | Complete (youth leaders that met requirements). When a roll is ended it goes to a “Past Leader” list and can have reports ran against both past and active leaders.

It would also make it easy to see who in a unit is a current leader. Maybe even have that place a feed on the dashboard, so anyone can see who the active leaders are.

Such as SM, ASM’s, SPL, ASPL, PL/APL by Patrol, QM, Sribe, committee members and so on. Similar for Packs. CM, ACM’s, DL by Dens, committee members

3 Likes

Hi @watarzp655,

This additional leadership functionality is a great idea. I think a menu item for leadership is justified. I am sending this over to our technical team to gauge the size/time of the idea.

Thank you.

1 Like

Any update on this? Some of this will determine future use of TT as a subscription.

I am curious as to why this feature would determine your future use of TT?

It would be one of the factors. The calendar issue has become a big enough issue, where I use Scout book for den calendars and TT for the Pack. Advancement can now only be done in SB without having to deal file uploads. It is starting to come down to the main useful items are the RSVP function, fee in the events and the scout account management. The TT interface is a bit dated as well. I like quick and easy when managing a pack, den & troop.

Hello!

This feature request has been added underneath the manage menu. Please take a look and let us know what you think. We would love any feedback.

Thanks,
Tyler
TroopTrack

Is there a way to include Youth Leaders? Those positions change more frequently.

1 Like

I was just looking for a similar option for current Youth Leadership positions. This would very helpful to find out who is currently serving in Youth roles.

2 Likes

Any update about my previous resonse?

@watarzp655 I have added it to our technical teams todo list. There is currently a large list to do with the new updates we temporarily released over this weekend, so I have no timeline on when it will be completed at the moment. I will be sure to update you as add youth leadership positions to the new leadership page progresses.

Thanks so much,
Tyler
TroopTrack

1 Like

Figure it’s been a year. Any update on this request?

Hi @jwatarz,

There is currently a feature like this on TroopTrack. If you click on “manage” and “Pack/Troop Leadership” (changes depending on your organization) then you’ll get a list of the leadership positions in your Troop.

You can edit them by clicking on “actions” and “edit”.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

To tag onto to this, AHG Inc., has updated its Level Awards to include holding a Leadership Position for Tenderhearts through Patriots. It would be great to see the Leadership Position the girl currently has on the “Organize Your Troop” page. Currently only the thing that shows up is whether she is a Registered Youth, her grade and unit level.

Thanks,
Hillarrie Jones TX1318

1 Like

When I click on Edit next to a girl’s name, it does not do what I expect.

Edit gives me 2 drop boxes: 1 with a list of adult leadership roles (no youth roles appear to be there; not sure how to add them?), and another drop box that lists only leaders’ names. So I can’t select the girl’s name.

Can you make it so that there is no drop box for the name of the person whose Edit button you clicked on, so that the name does not need to be manually selected? Or, make sure the girls’ names also appear in the drop box list of names?

It would be better for the girls if their leadership roles were available to be selected in the drop box as well. Maybe start them all with “Youth-” so they end up in one place in the list?

Just my thoughts on this. :slight_smile:

This does not work for youth leaders, which is what the request was for.

Any updates? This has been a request out there for a long time.

Hi everyone,

Our tech team has added youth to the youth leadership page. Here you can view any youth/adult with a leadership position and edit their position.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

I appreciate that youth leadership was added, but I am seeing lots of expired youth leadership. Would be better if only current leaders were listed.

1 Like