Medal of Merit

We have a Scout who was awarded the Medal of Merit. This is a nationally recognized award and I would love to enter this into TroopTrack. Can this be added?

Hi @ScottSheldon,

What organization is this? If you have a pdf file, or other documentation, then I’d love to get these added for ya.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

David,
Thank you for reaching out. I’m with Troop 715 in Winston Salem, NC. The Scout has the copy of his certificate. I can try to get a copy if it would help.

Scott

Hi @ScottSheldon,

It’s not the certificate I need per say, but more of a file that has all the requirements for the badge and a description of it. I see you’re a BSA Troop, so even providing me with a link to their web page that has this award would be sufficient for me to get it into the TroopTrack system.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

https://filestore.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/LifesavingAward.pdf

David, this is only given based on recommendation and approval at a council and national level. Hope the link helps.
Scott

Hi @ScottSheldon,

Sorry for so many questions. I just want to make sure I get this correct. It seems there aren’t specific requirements for this award correct? If I just add the National Medal of Merit award, with no requirements and as a badge you can just mark off, then would that work?

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

David,
There are no specific requirements. The Scout must be nominated to receive the award based on meritous actions and must be approved by a Council committee and a National committee. We recently had 2 Scout receive this unique award. There is a second award if the Scout places himself in danger to help. I appreciate your time and effort. I think a simple check box is adequate.
Scott

Hi @ScottSheldon,

I added this award under the “other” category, so you should be seeing it in there.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack