Multiple payments for one event with timeline

Anyone have ideas? Example: We scheduled Philmont for 2018. Down payment due in 1 month. Another payment due in say 6 months. Then remainder due in 12 months. It would be nice to set up 1 event and be able to schedule payments like we do for baseball. Original registration you agree to the full amount and have the option to have it taken out in 3 payments with set dates. The system sends you an email a few weeks prior to that date reminding you it is coming out.

2 Likes

This is on the todo list. Thank you.

I would love to have this feature as well. Summer Camp also requires a down payment, then has a final payment.

Any update to this being in the works? May point has come again and we have to go through the extra work around.

We need to fix an issue with cub scout awards first. I’ve recommended a “cart” type feature, but need to wait for design approval.

This is actually a lot easier to fix because the foundation is already there. Let me explain:

Many Point to reserve was $25. Scout reserves. After April 15 the full price is 289.00 so I go into the calendar event and change the amount to $289 instead of $25. On the view payments for the event it shows the remaining balance. All that needs to happen is change the recognition on the registration screen. Currently it remains as view ticket, where if there is a remaining balance either have a 2nd tab or have the “view ticket” change to “pay remaining balance”.

The system already recognizes what balance has to be paid still it just needs to communicate between the view paid balances tab and the register tab.

1 Like

It’s a bit more complicated than that on the back end, but after the bugs, this is near the top of the list along with 2-step badge approval and non-event calendar items.

Completely understand sir :slight_smile: Just wanted to throw the idea out that the
system already wanted to recognize the unpaid amount.

2 Likes

Any update on this feature? We could use it.

2 Likes

Has there been anything implemented to help with this. We have this issue every year with summer camp and with our high adventure trips that require a deposits followed by a 2 or 3 payment plan. We have tried a few options. Tried setting up multiple events – one for each payment. And tried using the add items to purchase (added each payment as a seperate additional item on a single event). Neither ones works as they cause a lot of confusion no matter how we explain it. Are there any other ideas or work arounds?

1 Like

Has there been any update on when this feature will be delivered?

Do you know when this feature will be delivered?

Unfortunately mlsully2002 has not been with TT in many years. I have a feeling this was dropped off the ToDo list or they ran into other issues with implementing it. They of course did implement a Cart Checkout system, however the idea of a single event with multiple dated payment points has not been implemented. @Keener-Trooptrack, is this still on a ToDo list or was this dropped with the TT4 update?

Hi @AaronStorey,

I was not aware of this feature request. Usually what people do is create 3 different events and then have people pay for each one of those events. For example they’ll have an event that is the first payment, the second payment 3 months out, and then the last payment another couple months out.

This allows people to break up those payments.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

Yea, the OP said that is what they do, and we have done that as well. It seemed as though mlsully was saying this feature might actually be incorporated back in 2017, users following up on it. however much has happened since then so I assume this idea was dropped.

The problem is when people pay one installment late and it overlaps into the next installment period then they cannot figure out how to pay the first and second installment together. It’s confusing to have to create three separate events simply to collect installment payments for a single event. We also have cases where the families just want to pay one lump sum payment, so we have to create a fourth event that charges the full payment amount, which ALSO confuses them. It’s not a good workaround and leads to many questions from our parents every year when we do this for summer camp. How can this feature of collecting installment payments on a single calendar event be submitted as an enhancement for a future release?

Hi @IvanaSheppard,

If people want to pay the first and second installment together, then they can add the first RSVP installment to their cart, then go to the second installment and add that one to their cart. Then when they check out they’ll have both installments in their cart and can pay for both. When you add one RSVP to your cart TroopTrack keeps you on the event details page. From there users can go to the calendar, find the second installment, and then add that one to their cart.

Rather than creating a 4th installment, if people want to pay the total all at once, then they can add all 3 installments to their cart and pay the total.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

@Keener-Trooptrack, this seems simple enough to us TT admins however many parents are not very tech savvy, I always tell those parents to have their scout do it as they are way more willing to try things and often much more tech savvy.
However I do see a big benefit to many units for this request. Perhaps by bringing it back to the forefront of the Community it will garner more support. If so perhaps you can bring it to the attention of the Dev team and see if it might be something that could be implemented in a future update. Also if ideas like this are just not feasible then even getting that from the Dev team and responding so people know the answer that can be helpful as well.

1 Like

How do I bring this to the attention of the Dev team and submit it has a formal enhancement request. I do software deployment as my day job so I’m happy to sherpa this through the submission process :slight_smile:

@IvanaSheppard, if it gains traction in the Community then @Keener-Trooptrack can submit it to the Dev team. There is no process for us Community Members to submit items.

1 Like