NEW FEATURE: Desktop Notifications for Achievement Updates

Since we have opened up the schedule for TT4 a little bit and because I was getting a little cross-eyed staring at one of the problems I was struggling through, I decided to do something that was a bit more fun to me. I hope it will be a useful feature to you as well.

Many websites offer desktop notifications. These are updates that will show up on your computer from websites even when you aren’t on the website. I’ve added them in our beta so that if an achievement you or one of your children are working on* is updated and the percent complete increases by more than 1%, a desktop notification is sent to you.

Now, this will only happen if you opt-in to desktop notifications. The next time you visit the beta site, you will see this. Please give it a shot and let me know what you think.

In the future I am thinking of adding desktop notifications for other things, like event reminders, assignments on todo lists, etc.

*This doesn’t work for BSA ranks or merit badges yet. Those are the very first achievements we ever added support for and they have a different set of logic that makes this a bit tougher.

2 Likes