Parent Resource Survey

The best resources any unit has are it’s Parents. We have skills and careers from all walks of life just waiting to be utilized. How about adding a tab for Parents / Adults to put in some areas that they would be willing to help in, things like transport, financial responsibility, First aid, IT the list goes on and on. I have this in a word document currently, but having it online would be a Huge boost.

Here are the items we ask on our document:
3. Would you be willing to assist the troop leaders and committee members occasionally? Y / N

1. Please check the areas in which you would be willing to help.

General Activities Special Program Assistance

• Campouts • I can participate in boards of review.

• Hikes • I have a station wagon or truck.

• Outdoor activities • I have a workshop.

• Troop meetings • I have family camping gear.

• Swimming supervision • I have access to a Cottage / Cabin.

• Bookkeeping • I have access to camping property.

• Typing • I can make contacts for special trips and activities.

• Drawing/art • I can help with repair of troop equipment.

• Transportation of Scouts • I have access to a personal computer.

• Transportation of equipment • I have access to a Copy Machine.

• Other: ________________________________________

1. Please check any Scouting skills you would be willing to teach/advise.

• Aquatics • First aid • Outdoor cooking

• Camping • Hiking • Rope work (knots and lashings)

• Citizenship • Knife and ax handling • Star study

• Conservation • Map and compass use / GPS

I would be interested in serving the Troop in the following capacity

Direct Contact Leaders Committee Positions

• Scoutmaster • Committee Chair

• Assistant Scoutmaster • Treasurer

• ASM: Crossover Coordinator • Secretary

• ASM: Patrol Leader Council Advisor • Advancement Chair

• ASM: Equipment Coordinator/ Quartermaster • Fund Raising Coordinator

• ASM: Outdoor Activities • Transportation Coordinator

• ASM: Program • Training Coordinator

• Chaplain • New Parent Advisor

• Publicity Coordinator

• Uniform Coordinator

• Committee Member

My Scouting experience: please enter years of service, Unit Number(s) and City/State:

Cub Scout: ____________________________________________________________________________________

Boy Scout: ____________________________________________________________________________________

Girl Scout: ____________________________________________________________________________________

Explorer / Venturer: ____________________________________________________________________________

Order of the Arrow: _____________________________________________________________________________

Adult leader: __________________________________________________________________________________

Highest Rank Attained: __________________________________________________________________________

Awards and Honors Attained: _____________________________________________________________________

MERIT BADGES

Merit Badges are a very important part of scouting. As the boys advance in rank merit badges become a requirement for advancement as well as a tool for learning.

Check the merit badges that you can help Boy Scouts earn either by becoming a counselor or as a source of Information.

As a Merit Badge Counselor you may also elect to be a counselor for Troop #456 only.

Current as of 2016

Bold - Eagle Required

• American Business • American Cultures • American Heritage • American Labor • Animal Science • Archaeology • Archery • Architecture • Art • Astronomy • Athletics • Automotive Maintenance • Aviation • Backpacking • Entrepreneurship • Environmental Science • Family Life • Farm Mechanics • Fingerprinting • Fire Safety • First Aid • Fish and Wildlife Management • Fishing • Fly Fishing • Forestry • Gardening • Genealogy • Geocaching • Photography • Pioneering • Plant Science • Plumbing • Pottery • Public Health • Public Speaking • Pulp and Paper • Radio • Railroading • Reading • Reptile and Amphibian Study • Rifle Shooting • Robotics

• Basketry • Bird Study • Bugling • Camping • Canoeing • Chemistry • Chess • Cinematography • Citizenship in the Community • Citizenship in the Nation • Citizenship in the World • Climbing • Coin Collecting • Collections • Communications • Composite Materials • Computers • Cooking • Crime Prevention • Cycling • Dentistry • Disabilities Awareness • Dog Care • Drafting • Electricity • Electronics • Emergency Preparedness • Energy • Engineering • Geology • Golf • Graphic Arts • Hiking • Home Repairs • Horsemanship • Indian Lore • Insect Study • Inventing • Journalism • Landscape Architecture • Law • Leatherwork • Lifesaving • Mammal Study • Medicine • Metalwork • Model Design and Building • Motorboating • Music • Nature • Nuclear Science • Oceanography • Orienteering • Painting • Personal Fitness • Personal Management • Pets • Rowing • Safety • Salesmanship • Scouting Heritage • Scholarship • Scuba Diving • Sculpture • Shotgun Shooting • Skating • Small-Boat Sailing • Snow Sports • Soil and Water Conservation • Space Exploration • Sports • Stamp Collecting • Surveying • Swimming • Textile • Theater • Traffic Safety • Truck Transportation • Veterinary Medicine • Water Sports • Weather • Whitewater • Wilderness Survival • Wood Carving • Woodwork

Other skills and activities I could assist in for the older-Scout program:

• Archery • Hockey • Slow-pitch softball

• Backpacking • Kayaking • Snow camping

• Basketball • Mechanics • Soccer

• Bowling • Mountain man • Spelunking

• Business • Orienteering • Survival

• Cross-country skiing • Rafting • Swimming

• Cycling • Rappelling • Tennis

• Downhill skiing • Rifle Shooting • Video/Photography

• Fishing • Sailing • Volleyball

• Free-style biking • Scuba diving • Whitewater canoeing

• Golf • Shotgun Shooting • Windsurfing

Is there anyone you know (relative, friend, neighbor) that would be willing to help, provide an interesting meeting idea or in some way help the troop?

Survey Monkey is a good resource for this type of information and questions.

It is free and the data is exportable.

I’ll defend the TroopTrack people on this one - it’s a HUGE undertaking to code and capture this kind of information. There are entire software suites and online products like Survey Monkey, so asking TroopTrack to do it is giant.

Definitely would be nice to have integrated.

I would love to have the functionality to better embed a Survey Monkey questionnaire… might seem more reasonable to partner and hook into it.

Hi @roscoevm,

This has actually been on our minds quite a bit lately, but @MatthewPodraza is correct in saying that it isn’t any easy-cheesy thing for us to do. Tell us more about how you guys would like it to work so we can make something really useful and easy for you.

Thanks!

Just in case you find it handy, or weren’t aware how it could be done…

2 Likes

Hi @mlsully2002 I’m not ignoring you. Life and Summer Camp caught me. I hope to have some time this weekend to outline some ideas.