PayPal Fees are not correct

We have an event TroopTrack for which we are collecting a $10 fee per participant. TroopTrack shows that PayPal collected $10.61 which is $10 plus the PayPal fee of 0.61. However, our PayPal balance was only credited $9.75. So the troop account is off 0.25 per $10 transaction. For a $20 transaction our PayPal account was credited $19.69. For a $25 transaction, our PayPal account was credited $24.66. We need a resolution quickly as we are about to collect Sea Base fees and the small percentage we are losing becomes a significant amount of money.

Hi @JTAYLOR146,

You can update the PayPal calculated fee for your Troop by clicking on the gear icon, and then clicking on “online payments”. By scrolling down to the bottom to “payment defaults” you can click on “change” and update the “transaction fixed fee” and “transaction percent fee” to match PayPal’s updated fees.

If you don’t want to use PayPal, because they raised their fees, then you can create an account with Stripe. Then on that online payments page change to a stripe account by clicking “change” next to “credit card payment provider”. Stripe fees are currently less than PayPal’s.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

I did not realize PayPal raised their fees. What are the new fixed and variable fees? I will adjust our settings.

HI @JTAYLOR146,

When someone checks out it should say on the PayPal page, but I believe it is 2.99% plus .49 cents per transaction. The breakdown can be found here.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack