PENDING: Copy parents when texting a group

Enhance the text message management to mirror the functionality present for emails. If a text message is being sent to a group of youth, then their parents should have the option to receive a copy of the message. It would be great if this feature could have a troop level on/off like email but also allow it to be enabled/disabled per adult.

Additionally, please add a recent text messages link to the pull down next to recent email messages. As a leader, it would be handy to be able to refer to recent text messages.

Most youth do not use email anymore and instead rely on text messages once they have cell phones.

1 Like

I agree this would be nice to have parity in copying parents on Communication, especially with the new YPT communication rules. The issue would be what if the parents don’t have mobile number and carrier information in TT.

To the Enable/Disable per adult the users can Opt Out/In of Texts from Communicate --> Text Message Settings.

2 Likes

If the parents don’t have mobile or have opted out, then send the message to them as an email.

email and text should be treated the same. They both contain a target (number or email) and a message content. There is no reason for the two to be treated completely different.

2 Likes

Hi @JeffTorchia,

I think it’s a good idea to copy the parents on text messages as well. I will get this over to our tech team, and have them take a look at it.

Thanks,
David Keener
TroopTrack

2 Likes

Our troop also is interested in increasing the functionality of texting as an alternative to email reliance. We would like the option to have texts sent, as well, when email is sent to certain custom mailing lists.

Thanks,
Kris De Lisle
ASM, T222

Hi everyone,

We added this feature to TroopTrack, so when a kid gets a text, a parent does too (if they have a number added).

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

1 Like