Provisional Progress is here!

And one more question for you, @Spencer:

When I log in on my desktop, I see the “Approve Completions” box on the top right, above my itinerary, which is a great place.

But when I log in on my phone, I have to scroll waaaaaaaaay down, after the announcements to see it. Our troop has a lot of announcements, all the time.

I only use my desktop for TT, but I don’t want our leaders who use their phones to miss this information below the announcements. Is there any way to move it above the announcements? For them, it is a very important announcement! :slight_smile:

Thanks so much!

And my final question (of the night), @Spencer:
:slight_smile:

After approving or rejecting the badge requirements, can you have TT send an email to the person who marked the badge as completed (parent or girl), so that there is a record of what happened to her request? Right now, once I hit Approve or Reject, I can’t seem to find any record of what I did. And the person who submitted the request gets no indication that it has been processed.

It would also be nice for the person who did the approving/ rejecting to get an email confirmation as well.

Quick solution would be to just send an automatic email when Approve/ Reject is clicked. But it might be nice to have a little window pop up with a text box so you could include a comment in the confirmation email. Especially if the requirement was rejected.

Thank you for considering this! :slight_smile:

Hi @mwestcott,

Those are some good ideas, and I’ve given your second idea to our tech team about updating the person who has submitted the request via email.

As for you first one, I’m not seeing that you have to scroll very far to get to the “approve completions” section now that the announcements are collapsable. Also, if you just hit “achieve”, “approve completions” is about the 5th one down.

I hope that the situation has already been resolved about the scrolling,

David Keener
TroopTrack

Thanks, @Keener-Trooptrack!

Yes, the compressed announcements should make it easier to find the flag for approving badgework on a cellphone. Of course, the downside is now our announcements are hidden. There really is no way to win, is there?! :slight_smile:

Thank you!

@Keener-Trooptrack I noticed that TT added a box in the privileges section for an “Add, edit, delete participation for others”. Now this could have been done months ago, but I honestly don’t look here but once a year when we add families. If I turn on the provisional progress and the “add, edit, and delete participation for others” feature, will my parents with household access still be able to add service and achievements for all of their daughters under the parent login? Then the leaders can approve the achievements? So girls/parents no longer have the option to click that “recognize” box?

I’m only asking before I go ahead and turn on Provisional Progress, add the “Add, edit, and delete participation for others”, and delete the “Edit Achievement User Records” to make sure that we don’t completely mess things up for families. It was a headache last year to redo and fix all that. I’d like to avoid it if at all possible.

Does this make sense?

Hi @SRUEDU,

I can definitely help you out. I understand how that could be a concern. If I understand your question correctly you’re wondering if someone who is a parent can still report progress for a child without having to have the “add, edit, delete participation for others” privilege?

The answer to that is yes, because the parents have access to each of their children within the TroopTrack system they can still go to “Achieve”, “Record Individual Progress”, and then it’ll bring up a page where they can select which child they want to report their progress for. Then they can choose which child, and report the progress. It should look something like this:

That way only leaders, and other people you select, will have access to the “recognize achievements” box.

Let me know if you have any questions, or if I answered your question.

Thanks,
David Keener
TroopTrack

I need parents to be able to enter both service and achievements for their girls. If I turn on the Provisional Progress and “Add, edit, delete other’s outside participation” will my parents be able to enter those things for their girls?

Right now, we don’t have either of the above turned on. We only use the “Edit Achievement Records” for families. Our struggle has been that they can recognize or just enter a completed date to finish off the badge without entering the information. If changing parent permissions to the other settings would fix that, that would be a huge advantage for our troop!

Hi @SRUEDU,

So currently with Provisional Progress parents can enter achievement information, and dates, without the permission to “Add, Edit, delete other’s outside participation”. Then with provisional progress that will get sent to the leaders for their approval. This would fix your problem of them just entering a completion date with no information about what was done.

Currently you can’t add service hours using provisional progress, but I will talk to our tech team about adding that featue.

Let me know if you have any questions,

David Keener
TroopTrack

1 Like

Drat! If that could be added, that would be amazing!!

Currently our girls participate in a LOT of service. We need parents to be able to enter their girls’ service hours b/c we can’t enter them all. Even with Covid this year, our troop had 2,000+ service hours, so having leaders enter all that for families would make them crazy! Plus it helps us keep track of their hours and what they do for Presidential Service Awards.

3 Likes

I agree, @Keener-Trooptrack, that allowing the girls/ parents to add individual/ at home service hours as part of Record Individual Progress would be very helpful.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

So now when provisional progress is completed an email will be sent to the person who submitted it saying it was approved/not approved. So if Sally completes, and enters requirement X, then Troop Leader Bill approves it, Sally gets an email saying Requirement X was approved by Troop Leader Bill.

This is one feature that was requested earlier on this page. A few others on here are still in the works.

Thanks,
David Keener
TroopTrack

5 Likes

I know this is an old thread, has a solution been found to allow parents to enter both badge achievements and service hours for their girls that then can be approved by a troop leader? I would love to see this!

@Keener-Trooptrack has this been solved?

If not, could I potentially have provisional progress on and allow the moms to have “edit achievement records”. I’m thinking this would allow them to enter progress and service hours. I would just ask them to not approve the badges but to leave that for someone else. I think I can trust our moms to do that. Is this a workable plan or am I missing something?

Hi @JessicaBellinger1,

Provisional progress is only for allowing users to enter in badges and awards that have been earned. User’s can’t enter service hours.

If you want to give parents the ability to enter service hours then you can add the privilege of “Manage own outside participation: Add, edit, or delete one’s OWN outside participation” and “Manage community service: Add, edit, or delete outside participation for others”. This will allow parents to enter service hours.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack