RSVP'ing for an Event

I’ve RSVP’ed for many events - but our troop has an event scheduled and several people have RSVP’ed, but when I go to the page - there isn’t an option for me to RSVP or Pay for the event. Any ideas wwhy this one event isn’t allowing me to RSVP?

Thanks

Soon as I posted this - went back and the RSVP option was there - not sure if TT fixed it or it fixed itself - but Thanks

http://community.trooptrack.com/t/record-progress-on-awards-based-on-attendance-and-more-5-9-2016/983

I’m having the same symptom that ToddMullen described, about a month ago: I create an event, invite people. When the invite goes out, and I follow the link, the Event page displays all the info you’d expect - However, there is no ‘Change’ button, to actually RSVP. We’ve tried this in different browsers (Chrome, Safari), and get the same results.

You can see the ‘Fee’ displayed, but no ‘Change’ option.
Please let me know if I’m doing something wrong.
Thank you !

One suggestion for RSVP’s would be in the Advanced area to allow an option called RSVP Breakdown or something like this. It would allow you to break down RSVP specifically by each night and each meal. We have Cub Scout Camp Outs where family’s may come for any combination of nights and/or meals as some people come for the day and just eat 1 or 2 meals. Would be a sweet RSVP if we could break it down further on the site. If you need more information, please contact me and I can show you our spreadsheet I use to track this.

1 Like

Here’s an idea… Could you provide auto-RSVP mailto links? These could be embedded into email event invites/reminders, allowing someone to quickly RSVP for an event, without even leaving their mail app!

Examples:
mailto:rsvp-JohnQPublic-249348-yes@trooptrack.com?subject=Court%20of%20Honor%20on%20Oct%2027&body=I%20will%20attend.
mailto:rsvp-JohnQPublic-249348-no@trooptrack.com?subject=Court%20of%20Honor%20on%20Oct%2027&body=I%20will%20not%20attend.

The trooptrack.com mail server would process incoming mail to these addresses by automatically RSVP’ing the named user (JohnQPublic) for the event ID (249348) with the indicated response type (yes, no, maybe). If the user makes any edits to the default message body, those can be copied to the Rsvp Comment field.

For parents, the invite/reminder message could even include RSVP links for each user in the household.

5 Likes

Hi, our Pack just switched to Trooptrack from a different system. Is there a way for a leader to mark someone else’s RSVP on Trooptrack. As Committee Chair, I have Unit Access with all privileges checked here on Trooptrack. When we have a pack meeting, I bring a paper “Sign Up” sheet for families to sign up for events right there if they wish. I would like to go into Trooptrack and add those families’ RSVPs.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

2 Likes

@ChristineMajeski1 - The instructions to do this for someone else are here:

3 Likes

Did you ever get this question answered. It would be very helpful for me as well.

Thanks!

With some recent changes in TT we can no longer see anyone who has RSVP “maybe” - they are completely gone from the list as if they weren’t invited. So my question is two-fold:

1 - Can you fix this so the “Maybe” respondents appear on the event page?

2 - Is there any way to remove the “Maybe” RSVP option? When we NEED an RSVP maybe doesn’t cut it. Its fine for some events if we just need a general idea, but for the events where we truly need a headcount, not having Maybe as an option would be a tremendous help.

Hi @mycrookedcreek,

1. In order to simplify the events the “maybe” section was removed from all events.

2. If you could put that as a new post and list it under “ideas”. Then, if that post gets some traction we can look into implementing that feature. There is also this post (it’s older) that you could comment on and like. This would also bring it up to users again, and could get more traction this time around. RSVP -eliminate or make optional “possibly going”

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

I understand and appreciate the simplifying part, but it’s terribly confusing to just have people go missing from the invited list. Could you put it back or just remove “maybe” from the system all together?

I will put it under Ideas. Thanks!

Any idea if custom fields can be configured for an RSVP? Such as t-shirt size. For some Summer Camps, we provide t-shirts to the boys. That way if a parent (or the boy) RSVP’s, there is a method to add in t-shirt size. I imagine you could always add it in the notes section, but it would be much easier if it had a field of it’s own - that way whoever is doing the RSVP wouldn’t forget. Thanks!

Hi @RobertSpeicher,

Custom fields can’t be added. The best way to do this is have people use the note section.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

Thanks much. I didn’t see any way of doing this so I thought it might not be possible. But, yes, we’ll make use of the notes section. Greatly appreciated.

I second this suggestion. It would be very helpful for tracking adult coverage for summer camp as most do not go for the entire week.

1 Like

Hi Anna,
You could use sign up sheets to track adult coverage for summer camp. Just create an item for each day of camp with a number of people needed, then invite the appropriate adults. You could also put a link to the sign up sheet in the description of the event.

Does that help?
Dave

1 Like

Out pack is a long time user of TT, but I am running into an issue that is only a problem for events that require a fee. The Person invited to the event registers and RSVP’s to the event. Then later goes back and wants to change the RSVP to add a guest. They are only able to view their original ticket to the event, and are no longer given the option to buy a ticket for a guest. Anyone know a work around?

There isn’t an easy way to do this. The only way I could get it to actually allow for an additional charge was to refund the purchase, then delete all of the transactions from the three different accounts, participant, Generic and Event accounts. At that point it resets the event RSVP and allows the participant to RSVP again. This would be a very rare occurrence, I am not sure it is really worth spending time to try and create an option for this.

I’m late to this post but use the option for event items available for purchase. Just create a new one for each size t-shirt or swag item. You can track your inventory and your purchase list.