RSVP directly from email

Is it possible to RSVP directly from the event email that is sent to members instead of them having to log into TroopTrack to rsvp? My son uses a program and app called Teamsnap for his soccer and that is how they rsvp. On Teamsnap, you can log in and rsvp in the program or they also include Yes, No, Maybe buttons within the reminder email that you can click without going into the program. This may help increase the RSVP response rate.

62 Likes

I already gave it a like but I’ll comment too. RSVPs give me the most headaches as a troop leader! I think it’s the fact that they do have to log in to RSVP. I definitely think having the choice to do it right from the email would make my headaches go away!!

14 Likes

Yes Please, anything that will make it easier for folks to RSVP would be great.

11 Likes

RSVP’s are the most difficult part of planning. This would be a great improvement!

12 Likes

Agreed, this would make a big difference.

7 Likes

Why wouldn’t this be liked?!!? YES PLEASE!

8 Likes

Yes - please add this feature to be able to RSVP for everyone in the household separately.

Each member of the household would have a link in the email:

Dad - yes, no maybe
Mom - yes, no, maybe
Johnny - yes, no maybe
billy…

12 Likes

yes please - we get very few RSVPs at the moment because it’s too hard for people

8 Likes

I fully agree this would be a great enhancement - we don’t get RSVPs readily. In fact, the standard language of the notifications for RSVPs today are not explicit with the call to action of “RSVP required”, so I would add improving this to the request.

10 Likes

I’ll echo the rest. RSVPing from email would be great, especially w/ the suggestion above that anyone in the household could reply for each member of the household.

7 Likes

I’ve been chasing families all week to see who is coming to an event planned for this weekend because nobody has RSVP’d. In the past we used google forms and the recipient could respond right from the email and we had much more participation. Please add this feature!

6 Likes

Hey guys,

Just to put your minds at ease, we HAVE decided to build and develop this idea. There are considerable issues in implementing this feature and we are working on figuring out what to do about them.

I can’t even give you a time estimate right now, but we REALLY want to be able to offer this feature.

Thanks for your support and patience!

(If you are reading this thread for the first time, please do continue posting support for the idea.)

16 Likes

I support this idea.

8 Likes

Oh ho ho ho! This is a great idea.

Would be great not just for event-RSVPs, but also for Sign-Up sheets!

At the very least, one more hurdle to getting “busy” parents to RSVP or sign-up…

8 Likes

Go, Go Go!

Excellent! … As an event organizer myself, I am stifled and frustrated at the amount of adult parents that don’t have the courtesy to RSVP … likely because it’s not convenient.

When you implement this, I promise to sing your praises and recruit our Cub Scout Pack and at least 2 other local troops to get on board with TroopTrack!

G

6 Likes

Count me in, I echo the comments on the lack of rsvps from adults and scouts

Scott

5 Likes

Any updates on when this might appear TT?

6 Likes

Hey there…I posted a similar request to simplify the RSVP process in the newsletters Click here to view the post

Could you implement something like that while you work on the instant RSVP from an email feature?
I think parents get overwhelmed with so many emails and when you have a very active troop (like ours) you get too many emails - new events + reminders for upcoming events + newsletters + random emails in between. It’s overload, so they just ignore them all.

Simplifying the newsletters so you only see event titles and have to click for more info would actually make them read the event details. Use the newsletter to show only a LIST of the upcoming events and their RSVP status (registered, no reply, declined) so they can stay on top of it.

Oh yeah - and make it easy for them to add all RSVP’d events to their Google calendar please!

11 Likes

Sign-ups too! Awesome thought.

8 Likes