Shopify and Stripe?

Hi @njmike,

We recently signed up with Stripe and will be going live with it in September.

Trooptrack only supports Stripe and Paypal. There have been lots of questions about using either system and lots of ideas have been posted. Just do a search for Stripe, PayPal or credit cards :):):slight_smile:

I chose stripe for our troop because it is a credit card processor and can be easily integrated into TroopTrack. Once a stripe account is created, it needs to be tied to your TroopTrack account.

Here are the instructions to set up TroopTrack to accept Stripe transactions- Accept Credit Card Payment of Event Fees (01/09/2015)

With Stripe, there is no credit card (PoS) device. Everything is done via TroopTrack. Once accepting credit cards is turned on in TroopTrack, parents can deposit funds into their son’s scout account via Troop Track. Parents simply go to the money tab of the profile, and will see a deposit funds link see below-

This starts the credit card process. The parent types in the credit card information and is assessed a .25 cent processing fee from Trooptrack and a 2.9% processing fee from Stripe. I did a test transaction for $2.00 and it cost me 62 cents (.37 from Trooptrack and .25 from Stripe). The entire $2.00 deposit was added to my test account as well as the 37 cent processing fee. I actually paid $2.25 for the $2.00 deposit. See below-

Notice the Tender is Credit Card. The nice thing is the processing fee comes right out of the scout fund!

If you choose another method to accept credit cards, you will have to manually enter those transactions into TroopTrack. Stripe and PayPal are set up to work with TroopTrack.

This topic may give you more insight

I posted several comments under this topic. Signing Up with PayPal and Stripe.

I hope I didn’t give you too much information.

Regards,

Scott

2 Likes