Sign In Changes?

Is there something that has changed with signing in? Used to be, I could leave TT open on a tab on my computer and I would stay signed in. Now, it seems I need to log in several times a day. If I leave the tab for a couple of hours and come back, I have to sign in. This is relatively new problem for me. Used to be the only time I would have to sign back in was when I restarted my browser.

Thanks!
Crissi

Yes.

1 Like

Hi @SRUEDU,

Yes please see this post.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

The auto logout feature NEEDS to be amended. On multiple occasions since it has been implemented, I have attempted to send an email to my Troop only to have the entire email disappear when I hit submit. I knew nothing about the 30 minute auto logout when it first started happening, so I learned to copy and paste the email elsewhere on my computer before hitting submit. It often takes longer than 30 minutes to write a detailed email. Very frustrating and less than ideal.

2 Likes

@Keener-Trooptrack I agree. My TC was so upset, she was typing the troop newsletter and it logged her out TWICE and each time she lost all her work. I get the inactive concept, but is there a way to change it so that if you are actually working in something like sending mail that it will pause it or save it as a draft? Or at least warn you that you are about to be auto logged out and ask if you want to continue your session?

My VC and Treasurer have also had this problem quite a bit. They’ve learned to work in another program to type everything up and then copy/paste it over to TT. Is there anyway to address this issue?

Thanks,
Crissi

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

I’ve already made our tech team aware of the auto log out not recognizing when you’re typing an email and they’re working on a fix for it.

For now the best practice is to save a draft and save often, or type out your email in a place like “word” or google docs.

I will attach this thread to the bug report, and update this thread when the auto log out is updated to recognize an email is being written.

Thanks,

David Keener
TroopTrack

@Keener-Trooptrack THANK YOU!! You rock!

1 Like

Hey David,

Just another note to add, my TC and Events Coordinator have been signed out while creating an Event on the Calendar. Don’t know if that’s the same kind of issue as e-mail, but if it was, wanted to give your tech team a head’s up to see if that could be addressed as well?

Thanks,
Crissi

@Keener-Trooptrack,
Perhaps a different direction and perspective to keep the security of the 30 min logout but flexibility to those of us working in TT for long periods of time but with breaks greater than 30 min at times.
Many systems have an option at login to check a box saying something like Keep Me Logged in, if you implemented something like that with a note saying do not check this box on shared computers ie Library etc. If you really feel having an auto logout period is necessary perhaps that checkbox could do so after 60 - 90 min, I would think 60 min would handle most scenarios but 90 would give even more flexibility.

The other argument is that once people are used to the new setting they will change their workflow to accommodate it however begrudgingly at first.

1 Like

@Keener-Trooptrack I thought you and Aaron would laugh at this. I had another mom who was frustrated about losing her email. She thought she hit the save as draft and it didn’t save. (We think it was because she hit the button after her 30 min was up). Her response to the 30 min sign out is below. I had to laugh, b/c as a mom, she’s not wrong. I will get called away from my email and realize I never finished it. Then I go to come back and work on it only to discover I’ve been signed out and it’s gone. I’ve started just highlighting all the text I’ve written, Copy it, and then when I’m logged out, I can paste it all back into a new email.

Mom’s reply:
I mean 30 min in mom world is like 4 kids calling for you and you picking up laundry, toys, trash along the way of answering them and then leading you to starting a load of laundry and take out the trash and reorganizing a few toy containers before I remember oh yeah 4 mom yells ago I was emailing someone in TT.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It’s more than just the email issue… 30 minutes is too short. Please extend the time, make it an admin-level configuration, and remove the feature until TT figures out how to deploy it in a way that meets user needs.