A checklist is a list of people who all need to do the same thing, like turn in a permission slip. A sign up sheet is a list of a bunch of things that you need volunteers for. 

Step One: Create the sign up sheet and invite some volunteers

Go to Communicate -> Sign Up Sheets. If you don't see that option you will need your privileges updated to include sign up sheets.

Step 2: Add some items to the sign up sheet

Once you save your sign up sheet you'll be able to add items to it, like this:

You will need to click publish in order for the sheet to be created, and sent out.

Step 3: Sign Up!

Everyone you've invited to your sign up sheet will have an assignment listed on their "My Assignments" page until the due date is passed. Once they volunteer for an item, that will also show up on their assignments page. Assignments are also included in the newsletter.

Enjoy!

2 Likes

How do you attach the sign up sheet to the event. When I make an event I often need a signup sheet for items to bring or tasks to be completed. Where is it I can find that selection on event?

4 Likes

I don’t think there’s a way to do this. I just copy and paste the link into the event details.

Is there a way to “reuse” or copy a Sign up Sheet and it send the email out? For example, we have events that happen each year such as a lock-in and want them to bring snacks. I can see that I can edit it, change the due date and select who I am sending to, but I then have to delete all of the items that have had volunteers at the prior event. I just want to clear the names, edit the text and select the distribution list and resend without retyping everything.

In addition is there a way to reorder things without deleting them and then typing all the like categories at the bottom of the list?

Your help is appreciated!

5 Likes

Please consider changing things so we are able to link sign-up sheets to calendar events, so that members can RSVP and sign-up for different things all at once - like sign-up genius. Also, if it were easier for people to see where to add youth and adult guests, that would be helpful. Thank you.

4 Likes