The future of magic mailing lists, custom mailing lists, and mailboxes

Has this happened yet? We’re in the process of moving our old web site data over to the TT web site. It would be nice to be able to keep our domain name that people in the community already know.

-Tim

Can you please add us to the beta tester group?

https://community.trooptrack.com/t/advanced-email-settings/4228

That’s what we do, but it’s still frustrating because the parents can’t send an email to the unit their child is in! Most people don’t need to, but if a parent is leading a meeting or if a child lost something, there are occasions when the ability to email a unit is necessary without going through the leader.

Dave, I have a lot of experience with large complicated email delivery (1 mil+ a day) and would be happy to give you guidance on DNS if you still need it.

Sure, let’s chat when I get back from England next week. Thanks!

~ Dave

Is there any update to this? I am struggling with email lists. I can’t seem to figure out how to get people out of Magic Mail lists … seem to be based on Patrols but can’t see how to move people out of patrols once in. (I see Add and I see Edit but neither allow Delete or Move.)

There is not a way to manually add or remove users from magic mailing lists.

However, there are a number of ways to remove users from a patrol, either to no patrol at all or to a different patrol. One of the easiest ways is to go Manage > Patrols. You can click and drag a user from one patrol to another and just “drop” them in the patrol you want them to be in. Another way to remove them from a patrol or change them to a different one is to go to their profile (Quick Nav > Members > the user you want to change OR Manage > Patrols > the user you want to change), then in the “Registration Info” section, you will hit edit, then change the patrol to the correct one or to the blank option, which will move them to the unassigned group.

By having them in the Patrol you want them in, that would put them on the correct mailing list, take them off the incorrect one, and/or remove them from most mailing lists altogether if they are unassigned.

If you have any other questions, please let me know and I am happy to answer them.

Year and a half since the solution to this problem was mentioned as close to “beta”. What’s the status? We would like this now. Thank you for working on it.

1 Like

And the 5th most reviewed problem…

I’m closing this topic in favor of the working topic for this feature. PENDING: Email Inbox & Subdomain Emails