Magic Mailing Lists & Members in multiple organizations

Looking at the Details link on a Magic Mailing List like scouts@trooptrack.com it looks like you determine the scope of the list (eg: troop or organization) by the senders e-mail. Doesn’t this break the use-case where someone is a member of more than one organization? Like a parent that has children in multiple troops or packs?

The User Guide page Magic Mailing Lists shows using a format like scouts-troopXYZ@trooptrack.com which would solve this. But why is our troop’s default using the scouts@trooptrack.com form? We need to sort this before we start using the mailing lists, otherwise, it will get very confusing for people.

Thanks!

This is solved by SubDomain e-mails, each unit gets their own subdomain like troop-123.trooptrack.email, or pack-123.trooptrack.email, I suppose it is conceivable there could be two Troop 123’s across the country so not sure how the TT admins would need to address that but I am sure there would be some way to differentiate them.

That was what I suspected, but it is not enabled by default. So is the recommendation that we use SubDomain e-mail configuration? If so, I really think they should make that the default.

1 Like

Like so many things it comes down to choice, I believe Subdomain e-mails is the best option, I am not sure why that is not the default and really what difference or benefit is gained by not using that. I will give that feedback to the TT Admins

1 Like