There needs to be a full backup

I too like the Export to CSV.

I just noticed, however, the User export is also exporting “deactivated” users.

Can we prevent this, or at least add a column that says “deactivated”?

Additionally, it would be great to get ALL of the user information, such as “drivers license info” and everything else from a user’s profile page (like notes, medical notes, leadership, etc).

Thanks!!

Although this is an old thread, having just tried the ‘Export to CSV’, I can confirm that the exported data still includes “deactivated” users, both youth and adults. This makes the data inaccurate since the assumption is that only active members will be included.

Using other available data exporting methods within TroopTrack.com such, ‘Manage->Reports->Roster’, ‘Manage->Reports->Users’, ‘Communicate->Print Roster’, ‘Communicate->Contact List’, and ‘REST API’, produce similar inaccurate results.

In other words, there is no way to export an accurate current roster from TroopTrack.

Is there any hope for changes to any of these features so that accurate information can be retrieved for purposes such as backups, data transfers to other systems/features, local Troop membership tracking, etc??
It would be best to have a field indicating “active/inactive” although other methods could also work.
Note also that retrieving all “archived” members would be useful.

We’ve just got badly burnt by the lack of Trooptrack backups - someone accidently marked off > 25% of our pack as completing all of our Silver Boomerang badge instead of just one minor section. We only use TroopTrack for badgework tracking so now we’re totally stuffed - we have no idea what these Cubs have done.

As Dave says above, and Kelsie confirmed by email, there is only a “site level” backup which means they can’t help us. We’re just totally stuffed. Totally and absolutely stuffed.

There should be some way to download all our data in one archive - I can’t see why that would be so hard to implement.

1 Like