User data in reports not complete

Why is it that the “Joined troop on” does not contain valid information for every User in our Troop? I would expect that when a parent first establishes a TroopTrack.com account for our Trail Life Troop, that date would be established as their “Joined troop on” field content. It seems that this information is stored in the “Member since” field but not ‘transferred’ to the “Joined troop on” field. Overall this information is very inconsistent.

Similarly the “Registered member” field is not consistently valid for all Users in our Trail Life Troop. Although there is a report of this in the TT Community thread -“Registered Member” status is inaccurate in “User’s Report” - it discusses the issue from the prospective of BSA Troops and BSA has a separate registration process. Whereas TLUSA registration occurs when one registers in TroopTrack, there is no other process.

Thanks in advance for help on these items.

In our four units, we wouldn’t want our “Jointed Troop on” date to be automatically populated in TroopTrack- we manually add those to know when a boy actually joined the unit, which is always different than their TroopTrack account being created.

Perhaps this setting can be auto-populated based on the type of organization using it (like for Trail Life USA) or as a setting within TroopTrack under Manage > Settings?

Yes @JaredHonda, absolutely. You must be referring to your BSA units.

However what I am asking is FOR Trail Life Troops ONLY. As I mentioned, the data seems to be there in the “Member since” field it is just not in the “Joined Troop on” field.

This question is really for a TT employee. Does anyone at TT read this forum?
Should I expect a response from them?
If I think this is a bug, how do I log it?

Can anybody help with this issue? It is been over a year now with no real response from anyone at TroopTrack.

I know that Trail Life is constructing their own solution, but we have committed to using TroopTrack for another year. Please help.

Part of the reason that this is not automatically transferred to the “Joined troop on” field is that the content in that field changes when a scout transfers to a different troop, such as when moving to another place. They aren’t necessarily the same thing, so they are not filled with the same data.

I am not sure on the registered member field. Much of the Trail Life stuff is actually managed through Trail Life and not through TroopTrack at all (even though it is on our site), so if you haven’t asked them, they might be able to help you out.

Hi Kelsie,

Thank you for the quick response!
​Although I appreciate your explanation, the ‘scouts’ transfer is not a
factor for this question. ​

The issue is that the “Joined troop on” field is not accurate in both “User
reports” and the “REST API Users data”! In fact, MOST of these fields for
our users are blank(null/empty/…), but NOT ALL. WHY?

Additionally the valid “Joined Troop on” date IS AVAILABLE in the
TroopTrack database. That is, on the "
tl-
​<troop#>
.trooptrack.com/manage/users/

​"​
webpage is the field
“Member since”
​. For all the users that I have checked this is the correct date for when
a person joined our Troop! However accessing this information must be done
one individual one webpage at a time. BUT if this “Member Since”
information was used as the “Joined Troop on” date, the problem would be
solved!

I cannot see any reason why this is not a bug.
The fact that Trail Life may have some influence does not matter. The data
is wrong. That’s a bug.

​Finally, no one has responded to the other of my concerns. Here is the
original request:

​…

the “Registered member” field is not consistently valid for all Users in
our Trail Life Troop. Although there is a report of this in the TT
Community thread -https://community.trooptrack.
com/t/registered-member-status-is-inaccurate-in-users-report/1805 - it
discusses the issue from the prospective of BSA Troops and BSA has a
separate registration process. Whereas TLUSA registration occurs when one
registers in TroopTrack, there is no other process.

​In other words, the “Registered member” field does not contain accurate
information. We cannot use it to determine who is and who is not an active
(aka registered) member of our Troop.

Please help.