Why do Announcements have a Start\End Date?

Seems strange to have a start\end date. Does the announcement not show up until the Start Date?

What happens when the end date of the announcement occurs? Does it get auto-archived?

Thanks!
Tyler

We have found this feature to be pretty handy. We can create the announcements months in advance and have them only run a certain time frame. Once the announcement occurs and is over, it disappears into the great unknown. :joy: We haven’t found a way to find them after they run their course.

@AaronStorey Do you know if there is any way to find them after they expire? Or are they just permanently deleted?

I have not really used Announcements much, I did find a couple old community posts that seemed to indicate they are just deleted.

Much sadness. There have been a few we could reuse each year. An accessible archive would be nice. Not high on the priority list, I get, but still handy for troops that use Announcements. :wink:

Thanks for the reply. That sounds handy; just a little different way of thinking about events.

1 Like

On the announcements page, click on the dropdown next to “Active and Future Announcements” and that selection changes to “All Announcements”. When viewing All Announcements, you will see the ones that are expired.